Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Self Esteem & Mental Health // Tues 13th Aug, 7pm-9pm AEST

@cutiepiekitty same!!! it makes me feel less alone when I know people are so similar!!! Thank you😊

@Fracturedlight  I think it takes time to take the first steps. For years I couldn’t hear good things about myself. It’s taken lots of little steps to begin to accept it. It’s only this year that I identified the first thing I thought I was ok at. 

For me I began listening to people who tell me the things I’m good at. When that happened over and over I started to believe some of it and become a little more gentle on myself even though my psych would say I’m still way too hard on myself. Just thought I’d share my experiences. Others may have different ones. 

@nashy 

I find the one with ‘would you say that to your friend’ extremely difficult, because I wouldn’t, as I like my friend, I don’t have that relationship with myself.

ive only recently started looking at photos of my daughter when she was the age when I started being abused, and remembered how young, innocent she was and how she needed love and protection. It will be a long process but I think I will be able to relate to my daughter better than to myself. I was too young when I learnt to hate myself.

Thank you all, this has been a super connected discussion. I am learning a lot from you all. Our final question for the night 🙂 ...

Having a lived experience of mental health challenges definitely can make for immensely emotionally intelligent and resilient human beings. The journey is not always easy to navigate, and as a result it is easy to lose sight of our strengths.

Reflect on one strength you possess as a take away for your self-esteem.
What's a quality or achievement you are proud of within yourself?

💕

@Teej I know. Thank you...im forever looking for the quick fix rather than focusing on what I actually achieve by getting through each day hopefully the good things will start to make their way in soon

@Fracturedlight I always thought it was just me. You never hear of such things. At least I never did until I found this place. This is the first place I have felt I could be me and be really honest

This is really a great place. I don't have to pretend everything is OK and that I get what life is all about and that I know what a "normal" life outside my head is really like

You do deserve to be happy @BlueBay 

🧡

@nashy 

This experience has made me determined to keep on keeping on , one day at a time , looking forward Heart

I’m still alive @nashy 

@cutiepiekitty Yes I'm finding the more time I spend on here the more I'm understood. It's a bit heart warming!!! I just wish people in everyday life could be educated and less judgemental

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance