Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Self Esteem & Mental Health // Tues 13th Aug, 7pm-9pm AEST

Yes and that is important, getting on top of things quicker is a sign of growth. It can be hard to see our own growth at times Heart @Former-Member 

I also find this triggering @nashy I think my self worth links directly in with my trauma and when I try positive self talk is always seems to trigger me because I think I don't deserve it.

You are right @Fracturedlight It is exhausting. However I hold out the same hope for you - and believe it can and will happen for you Heart Thank you for your post.

To be honest @Fracturedlight im a bit like you. I feel people say things just to please me. But I don’t believe them. 

I don’t like when I hear good things about me. Hate compliments. 

I do too @BlueBay  and it’s really sad that we feel this way. 

I’ve only ever been able to get glimpses of my inner child. I hate her and ignore her most of the time and she hates me too and then I don’t see or hear from her for months and months. There were only a couple of times we were able to do things together like look at a colourful tree. There are 3 of me and the other one, the older one, doesn’t like me much either but I hear her more than the little one and she often is very nasty.

@HappySmiley  This is awesome. You've just reminded me too not to let gratitude slip away, such an easy one to forget about. Thank you for this.. And yes your post will help others most definitely. 🙂 

@Fracturedlight totally agree. Even when I am told that I am good or something I have done is good, I still look at the faults. I can always see what is wrong with what I do. Two years ago at the local show I got a sash for the best exhibit in art and I actually argued with the stewards they must have put it on the wrong one! 

Well done @Teej Smiley Happy

Hugs @Former-Member  it’s just so hard thst sometimes I just want to give up. 😢

I feel thst at times I don’t deserve to be happy. 

I hear you @Snowie Thank you for sharing this, and for letting us know it cues some really heavy feelings for you. You are very self-aware. Always in awe of that.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance