Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: I'm sorry

Hi all that responded. I need to go and eat after an interview. But just know that you have warmed my heart with your comments. I think there is a consistent theme here - we all find it hard at times to be on these forums and perhaps that's actually a sign of how supportive they are? We keep coming back because they are helpful. But I do see that this can sometimes have a negative impact even if well intentioned.

I gave a support/like and I just want you to know that I do appreciate the words you've said. I think it's best I keep low for a bit though. My post wasn't intended to upset or insult and I think that it has been well received so thank you for that. I'm just being honest and open - something that is really hard in real life too I think. Slowly things change though and the veneer can vanish. That's good. But there are times where we need the personal space.

I think what I wrote came from a place of confusion more than anything else. But thanks for your understanding. I'm not in the blaming game because we are all struggling with our MH experience and I think that blaming etc just makes it worse. That's one thing I really like about forums here, is that the sense of community is so useful. It's easily the best forum I've been on.

I see that will continue for the future 🙂 but for now I need to rest a bit from here. I'll be around still. But just not as vocal/present as before.

Thanks again for your understanding 🙂

@Everan @eth @nashy @BlueBay @BryanaCamp @Sans911 @TAB @greenpea @Former-Member @Meowmy @Teej @Appleblossom @Former-Member @outlander @Faith-and-Hope

PS @BryanaCamp I hear what you are saying my friend, so don't think I took what you said in the wrong way. I'd be happy to read up on your thread if you make one 🙂

Just got home and found your new post @MDT I certainly would miss you if you were not around. I am not up to supporting or posting much myself at the moment but I very much hope you stick around. Take time away or a backseat if you need to but engage again when you need to also. I love having my little buddy around - just sayin' Heart

I hope you don’t feel I have been ignoring you .@ @MDT 

I have not been on the forum since last night , I just came on now and saw your message

sending you hugs my friend , I think you are awesome Heart

so keep in touch

Hello all, again this a really solid thread. Thank you @MDT  Heart 

Just a reminder that everyone's feelings are valid and to keep the interactions as respectful as possible. If anyone has any concerns or feels triggered by this discussion I encourage you to send us an email team@saneforums.org

@MDT glad you are feeling better. Hope you are having a good day and will hear good news about the job soon

TAB
Senior Contributor

Agree re taking over life like @Teej said
Yeah its Life Hamso but not as we no it.
May The Force be with You 😎

Respect @MDT 

Just wanted to say I value your contribution, and wish you well.

Hey @MDT 👋 

Thought I would also throw my two cents in. When I first joined these forums it was very open and welcoming. Now I find nobody misses me when I’m not here for weeks at a time. Many times I’ve thought about leaving permanently, instead I take pauses from here just like I do in rl. 

I find it difficult to be relatable to most members and my anxiety causes me to not post often, but I do read threads quite often without posting. Perhaps this is why I am not missed, who knows?

@Queenie I'm sorry you have felt this way whether currently and/or in the past.

As much as possible, we want this to be an open and inclusive space so that people, regardless of their personal opinions, can feel safe enough to open up to the community without judgement.

Everyone's timing is different Queenie and I hope, even if you don't post often, that parts of the forum give you joy. Cat Happy

thecolourblue

Hope4me
Senior Contributor

Hi @MDT 

Firstly, what a gutsy post and so intuitive. Getting to know yourself is part of the recovery process, but being able to express that is pretty damn powerful. Kudos!!

Surviving our mental health issues can be a frustrating and confusing journey at times. Reading your words bought home my own growth problems, as in who I am in the scheme of things when I change and the people around me don't; or vice versa.

Change is inevitable. How we cope with those times is probably more important than change itself. I think you're doing a great job with the honesty and vulnerablity you've shown us. It takes courage to be yourself when life seems bleak. I applaud you...

I don't know where I fit either on Sane at times too. It's not anyone's fault of course because we each have our own way of sharing and caring, which resonates with some, but not others. It's the same in RL.

To me, the fact you're acknowledging this phase is a sign of progress. So well done!

Sending kind thoughts your way hun. 💌 Enjoy this new path you're creating.

Keep up the great work...

Hope xo Heart

PS. And to all who've responded? What caring people you are. Just beautiful!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance