Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

greenpea
Senior Contributor

Re: I'm sorry

@Flying_Hams  Hi Hamsolo01 let me put your mind at rest you are a like the wheel of a car and hugelly important part of the forum. Just sometimes speaking for myself I can only give so much of myself out. I just get very tired and need to have a rest or a break for a few hours and then come online again.  I am always interested in what you are doing eg: how the job hunting is going etc. Even now as I am writing this I am tired .... it is the medications mostly and my mucked up sleeping patterns ..... it does affect my postings though. Anyway don't take it to heart. Love greenpeaxx

Hey @Flying_Hams  i love your honesty. Glad thst you could express it and not bottle it up.

I’m sorry you’re feeling like this. Wishing you well in your life. Love to hear from you time to time when you check in. 

Sending you love and hugs ❤️❤️

Ps. No need to apologise. You’re doing what you need to do for your own health and well being. I get it. Xxx

TAB
Senior Contributor

sometimes I feel the same and have made similar posts in the past @Flying_Hams  hope I wasnt making you feel like that.  

Hi @Flying_Hams I know I used to follow you a lot, but that's dropped off. I try to keep an eye on what you are up to as often as I can, hence why I tag you from time to time. There's lot of other people here who I no longer have active communication with. I don't think your tags would annoy anyone, certainly not me. I'm interested with what's happening in your life, and I'll do my best to respond.

I thinks it's important though to have balance between here and our real lives. That's partly why I limit myself here, but also because I am busier in my real life as well. I'm certainly not bored by what's happening with you, and I do actually care about you as well. But do what's best for you and your mental health because that's really important as are you. 💜 ❤️

hi @Flying_Hams 

I feel hurt and disrespected to be tagged on this thread.

I've supported you each day since I joined the forum, sometimes more than once a day. I've encouraged you with every job interview and day of paid work, every social challenge and social achievement. I've complemented you, listed your strengths to you and taken a keen interest in your successes and sadnesses as they came. My support has been heartfelt and repeated.

However, I have not been supported with my unemployment or job interviews over the last 2 months on the forum. I don't know what the reason for this is but it's felt like my job interviews aren't important and my unemployment doesn't matter.

The forum is cliquey but I've extended the hand of friendship to you daily.

It’s hard at times to be supportive to everyone @BryanaCamp 

we all struggle with our own issues and I don’t think people on here don’t support you intentionally. 

@Flying_Hams  Is being honest and open with his feelings. Take care @Flying_Hams  xxx

nashy
Senior Contributor

Hey there @Flying_Hams, thank you so much for opening up this conversation and being so honest and congruent in the process. It's a really important discussion to have - and I am aware you're not alone in your feelings around exclusivity. It is something myself and the other Community Manager's want to continue working on, and now that we have appointed some new CGs we definitely think there will be further input around this. So again, thank you for your strength here. If there's anyway myself @Lauz  or @s-jay  can support you please do not hesitate to send us an e-mail at team@saneforums.org - I can see you've received loads of support on this thread, I know it's not a quick fix but I do hope that in itself exemplifies just how valuable you are.

@BryanaCamp  I can understand the feeling of frustration when you're having your own concerns peer to peer. It's okay to feel hurt Heart We're all here to hold space for each other and be honest in the process (within the guidelines of course Smiley Very Happy ). Just as you feel hurt though, so too does @Flying_Hams. It's important to remember all of our feelings are valid, and maintain respect as we share our experience with one another. If you (or anyone reading) may need support from us @BryanaCamp please do reach out on the same e-mail mentioned above.

It's only natural that in such a large group of members people will find some people they resonate more with and some who they have less common ground with.  And also, relationships have been built over a long time for some of us.  I've been on the forums since late 2014 so some people I know really well and some I am just starting to know.  Conflicts are rare.   We all have different life experiences and some of us need to shy well away from any sort of conflict because it triggers us.  I for one have to put boundaries on how much I engage with anyone who instigates conflict.    Perhaps you could start your own thread about how you are feeling.  

P.S.  Post edited.  @Flying_Hams   this was not directed to you.  I hope you're starting to have more feedback from your job search, both here and irl.  Take care 

@Flying_Hams 

Thanks for having the courage to talk about this. I have felt like this too sometimes. I agree it has a downside which has to be managed. 

I must say i liked talking to you on the chats and thankyou very much for that. I hope we can see you when and if you around. 

I agree with you totally @eth  xx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance