Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: I'm sorry

Hi @Queenie  I think sometimes I feel the same way as you. When I first joined I found it difficult to join in with others posts. And to be honest I was scared to join in because I thought I was “interrupting” someone else’s post. I still feel like that now. I don’t want to be a pain to interrupt.  I used to think that there were too many clicky groups and I felt like an “outer “

I guess what I’m trying to say is that sometimes I struggle to read too many posts. I do get confused and forget everyone’s issues. 

But I do think of you snd im sorry that I haven’t posted more on your post. 

Pls don’t feel like no one cares because we do. And I understand the anxiety. 

Take care @Queenie  xx

I am feeling a bit better thank you all.

Just need to figure out job situation.

Thanks again for your understanding too because this does help 🙂

Hey again @MDT 

Just wondering if you could tag me on your thread. I'm pretty handy with employment stuff if you're open to it.

It's hard to know which threads belong to who and if I'm welcome to join in. Just ask an' I'll come-a-runnin'! 😊

Take care;

Hope xo Heart

Glad you are feeling a bit better Hams

@MDT 

I am thinking that the Mental health field needs to refine how it approaches the concept of "peer."

Groups wil congregate naturally around shared interests and shared experiences.  Often that may be around shared experiences relating to health, ethinicity, or sex or gender or age or when they met, and position in the human life cycle.

If being in psych hospital or psych meds is only thing people share then communicating is unlikely to go deep or for a long time.

A group may be different to a clique, which tends to be more exclusive and has gatekeepers ... 

I feel most of the long term members on this forum have put a lot oc concerted effort dedicated to reaching out and being inclusive.  It may not feel that way to newcomers, but there is a substantive difference in witnessing others having good connections and actively being excluded....

There are also differences in feeling a sense of envy or seeing something modelled and wanting to join in or have something similar. Maybe there are ways to dance around these issues for everyone's benefit. Am getting into Circle Dances a bit lately.  Lots to learn from them .... there can be inner circles and outer circles .... and do they really matter ....

Hugs Hams

Smiley HappyHeart

I guess it's just part of it @Queenie because of our MH. Makes us doubt lots of things etc. I like seeing you on here and I like getting to know you though so you are a welcome voice here 🙂

Hear hear @Appleblossom You nailed it on several issues. 

Hope your day is one of the better ones @MDT 

@Queenie  I do notice when I don't see you around, especially on the NDIS thread where we've connected the most.  If you have another thread that you're mostly on please tag me there.

Indeed @Appleblossom 🙂
Hey @eth @Queenie

Hey @MDT   hope today is going well for you and you're getting some positive responses to all your job search efforts.

Cheers @eth
One of the deadlines hot extended so that reassuring.
Gonna spend rest of the day looking up more stuff to apply for and writing up a piece for the IO I work for voluntarily.
Hope your day is going well
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance