Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Struggling to find motivation to keep going

I hope you find rewarding work @Former-Member

I myself turned down an interview for a nice admin job in order to come into hospital. I worry that my symptoms are permanant now and that I don't get another chance at a good job. But I completely agree with you about the nature of full-time work and how it can get us down.

Glad you are clear about directions @Former-Member.  Go for it, obsess and get the details right and love being in that head space. Once it is done who know what the opportunities will be.

Hi @Former-Member

Thanks for your post,

It really sounds like you are distressed at the moment and not feeling to great.

Have you called your psychologist back and asked to make another appointment? It may be a good idea to do this and talk to her about the memory gaps and the of the noises in your head as well as the concerns you have about visiting your family. 

Remember if you wanted to talk to someone or if the feelings get too much to call Lifeline on 13 11 14 or Suicide Callback service on 1300 659 467.

Hope you feel better soon, let us know how you're going.

Outlanderali

I often have difficulty with time elapsed. Sometimes I panic because I think I have lost an hour, a day or a week.  Which is why I try and keep commitments low, so I can get around to them steadily rather than in a state of intense anxiety.

Are you sure the psych was not late.  I used to be so anxious I would presume professionals would not be there or it was my imagination that we made appointment etc ... so now I write everything in my diary. My level of fear of rejection would have me uncertain about how loud to knock etc.

I may have blown it socially last night with one lady who was saying she wanted the conductor to come down on us like a ton of bricks.  I disagreed, but she was insistent, and very used to her own authority, so I was emphatic and then a bit uninhibited in my response as I have long witnessed the issues, and felt she was extending herself into an area that wasnt her area of expertise.

Most of my score of interactions of the evening were very pleasant and convivial intelligent and heart felt. 

I hope you manage through the family visit, and find positive things that engage you enough so that you keep present. 

@Former-Member thought I couldnt keep up with the music in my different choirs, but that wasnt quite the issue, I was being bullied and then not supported by the 2 presidents who incidentally are a psychiatrist and an educator with state wards. Music is what I need to be grounded, the more the better.  It keeps my mind, my feelings and my time organised.

I have most respect for people who can admit their mistakes and am fortunate to be working with people at a high level of skill. That is satisfying. I dont want to influence you to withdraw too much when your sense of meaning might be lost.

We do need to be able to manage our commitments, and trim them if necessary, but it is often social issues that tip the scales.  My deal is that I am always polite, but if people cant be decent to me I am giving myself permission to be me, in my fullness, and not in my fear.

Sorry if that is an off topic ramble ... I was trying to relate to your circumstances @Former-Member in my weird way.  Hope you are ok.

Hi @Former-Member

Did you you manage to see family? Glad you are interested in your daughter's days.

Do you do anything to anchor yourself in your body?

They say you have to be comfortable in your skin.

Take care . I just a quick request for dinner... kids do keep us grounded.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance