Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Seeing doctors when you don't leave the flat?

Glad you are posting here and that it helps. I think its great that you can see the positives in your day thats great. All those small/big things make progress for us! I've been so flat lately too, everything is a mission! just looking forward to school holidays so we can hibernate at home for a bit!

LJ

Hi @Former-Member, thanks for your friendly response. 🙂 I agree that the small things are important. Hope you are feeling better about the way things turned out with your 'to work or not to work' question. I understand why you were upset with your doctor's change of mind and can also see that it might turn out better anyway. Hoping for the best for you.

@Mazarita

I think it is great to journal daily activity.  I have been doing it on and off since having small kids.

Walking is great til we get blisters.

I found the description of your going to the doctor a little like my first train trips into town. 

I was scared to step from platform to train as felt insecure in my physical balance. The distance seemed so huge and dangerous. I was worried I might slip between .. talk about Body Dysmorphic disorder.  That has been 7 years now and I am regular PT user.

I have come to love the hum of going up and down the escalators in the city.  People can be in a hurry around me or not, but it has become a beautiful part of anonymity for me and helped me reconnect with a general sense of humanity.  All those young and old people with their lives and concerns going about their business. It makes me less threatened and feel more positive people.   I dont need anything from them or them from me .. but sometimes lovely conversations emerge.

Thanks @Appleblossom 🙂

I kept a written journal for decades when younger. I'd even say I wrote my way through the worst year I had. But I stopped writing these journals around 10 years ago. I only do it sporadically now.

I love your poetic description of your time alone in crowds and know similar feelings from past experiences and even now on the occasions when I do get out and about. I've also had a yearning to live further away from cities.

I havent looked through my old journals, maybe one day I'll get time, but I know they did me good. They help us process experiences.  The urge to write is still with me.

Well, I made it to see the new psychiatrist today. It went okay, I think. He seemed good on first impression. But I was wired high afterwards and the session has been replaying over and over in my head for hours. I have to laugh at myself. Glad I got there at last. Thanks to you at the forum for helping me over these first hurdles in my attempt to take better care. 

Yay Maz!! Glad to hear you made it, and hope you can continue seeing him, and hopefully get better.
❤️ CBL

Great to hear.

Just remember the poor bloke is just another person and though he is paid to have some duty of care .. value yourself equally.

Good luck

Well done Maz :thumbs up:

@Crazy_Bug_Lady @Appleblossom @WombatBoots Thanks for the encouragement. 🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance