Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: neurological psychological assessment

Well I say thank you justanother47 I think lol
I wouldn't necessarily group him in with me too much tho.....
but if my insights help give you an idea of what he is going thru then thats a good thing I think lol

I keep on writing and rewriting my answer back to you so will just ask, do you think positive what Karma wrote on repeating positive talk back?
I. Going to be very honest here, but you know I've had my own stuff on and
I keep on reading it and reading it. It is a good good idea but takes re reading it to get my head around it.

There was some other messages I really like too.

@PeppiPatty , I'm not sure if it's the counting I confused you with? I will give a more concrete example maybe.

Example:

thought, 'I am not worthy'

counteracting thought, 'I am loveable'

counting, 'I am lovable, I am lovable, I am lovable, I am lovable, I am lovable, I am lovable, I am lovable, I am lovable, I am lovable,I am lovable' (while counting on fingers), that is ten,

Then repeat another 9 times this sequence, which equals 100 counts.

You then have another 9 sets to do during the day to reach your 1000 for the day.

I hope this makes more sense?

Hi @PeppiPatty in reference to your question are you referring to the self talk example turning a netative thought by replacing with a positive one and repeating 1000 times a day?
I used to see a holistic counsellor who embodied that whole negative thought replace qith positive reinforcement..... that means when you find yourself consciously having a negative thought you instantly change it feom a negative and put into a positive
ummm example - I am worthless becomes I am worthy of good things in my life.

What karma I believe is talking about is the unconscious thought process we all have in learnt behavior they are the thoughts we don't know we are having
like - I am hated or I hate myself now I don't realise I have these thoughts, it took some pretty tough sessions to realize that deep down unconsciously I actually think that way about myself
I self talk every day in my head sozens of different
ummm how to put it.... positive reinforcement
I am hated or I hate myself becomes I am open to being loved and funny enough as weird as it sounds I love myself
I go through dozens of different ones daily when I find myself in a quiet area by myself
in the shower, getting dressed, eating breakfast, driving my car
when I brush my teeth I have one saying I repeat over and over and it is simply
I am awesome
it makes me smile but it also reinforces in a positive way.
I forgot alot of the techniques of course over the last 6months to 12 months and I have only started them again
the first few times.... well alot of rhe beginning it is tricky awkward difficult. I make myself look myself in my eyes in the mirror when I brush my teeth while repeating phrases over and over again.
if I am on my own I will say them out loud
or in my head if there are people around.
you have to have a saying that is strong and you have to believe ot as well sayung it over and over again makes it easier to believe but it does take time.
if your nervous and have trust issues
you can utelize it also
pin point what makes you nervous anxious?
For me I am yet to come up with something I believe in but I am getting close
if I am off topic to what you mean please feel free to ask again
I am pretty open to exploring my thoughts fears etc
sorry I missed the 10pm cutoff

Karma,

I could understand it but...
I'm 47years old soon and my eyes are going

And the lettering is small on the computer .........
what you wrote felt the right thing to do. But thanks about the explaining.

Also, I've casually written about problems with my darling partner who is FIFO here in My state. I'm caught up in making two things to show my psychologist by tomorrow plus managing his feral silly billy.......he just rang to acknowledge his behaviour, thank goodness but I've got to keep on managing my own mental well being.

But I sleep well so, guess I have a good conscious .......

Okay, with my eyes going, I haven't reread your messages again but want to reread so I can address this with you :0)

have you tried mindfulness?. You can google instructions and info on there. all the best

Thanks @Patricia I do practice mindfulness as best as I can dependant on my mood and attention span levels but thank you for reminding me about it also
@Uggbootdiva thank you for you kind words it was a really meaningful thing for me personally to do the line in the sand
and I will hang in through my ups and downs the roller coaster of fun I like to refer to it now lol
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance