Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

frankie5
New Contributor

first post

im kind of afraid of the internet and putting my words out there forever, but i dont really know what else to do. i had an eating disorder a couple years ago that i pulled myself out of, but it has left my body ruined. i havent found a way to work on my body without bringing out old, destructive emotions again. i have a therapist but she only ever wants to talk about what caused it, not so much what i can do now. i know what the answer is -diet and excercise- but its just a lot more complicated. i had an awesome physical job that had me getting healthier every month but then covid hit and i had to move away. i can always get a job in the same feild but its also very emotionally draining. i would love to just get a gym membership and nutritionist. i dont know, i feel like im just whining.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: first post

Hi @frankie5 and welcome to the Sane Forums.

I am sorry to hear you are going through so much in your life at the moment. It seems hard and exhausting. It is good that you see a therapist but can understand your frustration at her only wanting to talk about what caused it. 

You are definetly not whining. Your concerns are extremely valid and I hope you find some support on here.

There are lots of different threads on here, some social and some more serious. Please feel free to post wherever you feel comfortable.

Hope you have a good day today

Snowie 😊

SJT63
Senior Contributor

@frankie5 

not whining.... although I find these forums the absolute best place for getting things off my chest and I do it all the time

this has been an incredibly difficult year for everyone and we all need a safe place to let our thoughts run.... this is that safe place

xoxo

Hi @frankie5, That must have been really frustrating to have a job that supported your health and not be able to do it anymore. I'm wondering if there's elements you could take from that job that supported your health and incorporate them into your everyday somehow?

I'm really curious about your last job- it sounds interesting and like it was a great match for you! Was there emotional drain with it? If so, was it offset by the physical elements of the job? 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance