Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Re: Never met anyone else with Bipolar 1

Hello and welcome @Ebnamik and @Snowbird 

I was drawn to the forum because I felt isolated living with Bipolar 1. It has been life changing to be among people who get it.

I went undiagnosed for decades, which was lonely because I had a sense that my experience wasn't lining up with the majority but had no way to understand or articulate that.

Let me know if you have any questions about my experience. Everyone's is different but it helps to find some common ground. Take care, frog.

PS Hi @Maggie @greenpea hope you are travelling ok. I am, off and on... there are times when I think I'm going to fall in a heap from the weight of this year and its many troubles, but hanging in there.

I have experienced psychosis 4 times as manic episodes. I’ve also experienced psychosis without mania, which is a new experience. After all this time I’m still learning

Hi, yes I've been in a similar situation experiencing Bipolar for 17 years happy to chat and share stores about the illness and also share strategies and pass on positive energy. Welcome.

Hi just want to say how brave and  courageous you are, I was in a similar situation suffering from bipolar for 17 years but prior to that mental illness developed at 4 years old. I'm now turning 47. Would love to chat. Only if you feel comfortable to do so. We could share strategies and any ideas on how to manage our illness. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance