Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Ebnamik
Casual Contributor

Never met anyone else with Bipolar 1

I've been living with bipolar for 17 years and I've never met anybody with bipolar one. It's been a very lonely journey. I'm fortunate to have very supportive family and very good Doctor Who is a psychologist and a psychiatrist. I'm quite well these days are really looking to speak to people who have shared in the same sort of experiences I have.

13 REPLIES 13

Re: Never met anyone else with Bipolar 1

@Ebnamik  Hi Ebnamik I was firstly diagnosed with Bipolar I now I am diagnosed with Schizoaffective Disorder. I am more than happy to talk with you. We are a friendly group of formites. All you have to do to send a message by putting the formites name with a @ in front ot it like I did for you. They will then be sent a notification of your posting. Take care, greenpea

@Ebnamik  Another welcome from me.

@frog  might be able to offer some shared experiences.

Like @greenpea  I was diagnosed and medicated for bipolar 1. Now I have DID CPTSD, and a few other labels that go together I think.

I hope you find the forums helpful.

A forum tip for tagging. @ brings a dropdown, and you can tag us.

@greenpea what is a formite

@Ebnamik  it is just a nick name we in the forums call our selves.Forum-ites,

Hey @Ebnamik 

I am also new to the forum,  I have bipolar I and I haven't met anyone with it either (except in hospital)  

I first became ill/was diagnosed 8 years ago,  and similar to you have a supportive professional team and in a good place. I am always open to sharing my experiences but it is true that people don't actually know what things are like.

Happy to talk here,  

Is there an option for a private thread?

My Diagnosis was about 12 years ago. I live for 5 year not know what was wrong with me. I lost a lot in that season.

I'm sorry to hear you went through that @Ebnamik
I had a period of depression and mania (about half a year together) than had a psychotic episode so they diagnosed me after that, although told me it was likely a once off thing (it wasn't as I found out a year later and that was my turning point for learning how to live with it)

@Ebnamik  If you mean off line conversations, we don’t have that option.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance