Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Maccas
New Contributor

Depressed 22 year old

So I'm an empath so I have way too much empathy I feel the moods of people around me and it really affects me.

I have major anxiety all the time I think everyone is judging me for everything I do.

I can't talk to people and find it hard to take orders at work (work at a fish and chip shop)

I can run the whole shop by myself and have many times but I get very stressed out about it and find it hard to cope.

Any help would be awesome because I'm broke most of the time and don't really have money for counseling to get my head worked out.

I also have major back pain all the time but that's from lifting things I shouldn't have when I was younger and my back muscles are weak.

Also I am like 135kg so I'm fat too.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Depressed 22 year old

Hi @Maccas & welcome to the Forums! That sounds like a challenging situation to try to navigate, though I'm sure many here can relate. I'll tag a few members who may have more insights to share @26aqua @ButterflyWings @SherryLee @haystacks 

@Maccas I can definitely can relate to your story, I have struggle with my weight all my life and for along time anxiety took control of my life and I always lot people were judging and laughing at me because I was so overweight. So I feel for you Maccas, so not going to give you diet advise, but in relation to affording counselling, you can talk to your G.P, there are free counselling services available and how do I know this. I got free counselling through my G.P, so this is possible. In the mean time, try downloading a free mindfulness app on your phone to help you with your anxiety, best of luck Maccas there is always hope for you out there.

Warm Regards

Haystacks

Hey @Maccas 

I'm sorry you're going through this. 

I understand what you mean about feeling others emotions. I can also really relate to feeling anxiety and having issues at work. 

Have you been to your gp and discussed the problems you're facing? Your GP can set you up with a mental health care plan, you get x many visits (I think 10 and then after consultation between gp and therapist can add an extra 10 the calender year) and can also help point you in the right direction for therapy you may want or need. There are providers out there who bulk bill too, so don't be afraid to tell your gp your worried about affording therapy, they will be able to help you find someone. 

Also, could you Google search your local community mental health service, they can also be a great assistance with plenty of information and resources. 

Depression and anxiety is really hard to cope/deal with - you are not alone. It's tough most days but taking each day at a time, each obstacle one at a time And you will get there. 

It's hard to hear but there is light at the end of the tunnel, we just got to keep putting one foot in front of the other. 

@Maccas  Hey Maccas and welcome to the forum. Your comment 'Also I am like 135kg so I'm fat too.' Gave me a bittler laugh as I am fat too thanks to medication ......  anyway just wanted to say welcome and hope to see you around. Take care. greenpea

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance