Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Olga
Senior Contributor

Book recommendation

I really enjoy the book "Finding Sanity" by Greg De Moore "about John Cade, the big L, and the taming of bipolar disorder."

Just putting it out there in case someone is looking for something to read. Has anyone got a book to recommend which they enjoyed ? Have a nice weekend everyone!

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Book recommendation

Hi @Olga 

I really enjoyed "The animals in that country" by Laura Jean McKay. It's a novel with the timely theme of a pandemic (of "zooflu" ). It confronts us with the question of what we'd learn if we could truly communicate with animals. The magical or fantasy element is a powerful way of conveying strong emotions around animal and wildlife welfare. And yes, the pandemic does resolve.

It's won critical acclaim and at least one major literary prize. Published 2020 by Scribe.

Dimity

I really enjoyed reading Osher Gunsberg's - 'Back from the Break'. He's best known as the host of The Bachlor & has his own really interesting podcast.

The book details his challenges of having mental health issues in an industry that isn't that accepting of it.

@Olga @Dimity 

Thank you WIP. I just ordered it from e bay, 15 bucks and free delivery. Looking forward to it

Hi @Olga 

Its a really easy read and Osher is incredibly honest with his struggles with Bipolar and other associates with that diagnosis.....we can all relate to that!

I hope you enjoy it!!

Check out his podcast if you have the chance - he has some really interesting guests. 'Better than yesterday' is what it's called.

Good deal from eBay - well done!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance