Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Feeling anxious when away from your loved one // Tues. 24 Apr. 7pm - 9pm AEST

I do have a cry. Someone said to me once to get the poisen out so I can heal! I hide it by watching a soppy movie lol

Re: Topic Tuesday // Feeling anxious when away from your loved one // Tues. 24 Apr. 7pm - 9pm AEST

@Former-Member - amazing - I really like your way of assessing the likelihood of a scenario eventuating

Yeah @Former-Member I don’t need pity I need some helpful ideas

@Tanglefoot - that's great that you're seeing a counsellor
Are you finding that helpful?

Self care is not something I am particually good at @NikNik

I have been over most of these suggestions in councilling sessions, catching my thoughts early enough is the hard part. 

Gp wants me to do do 20min exercise each evening to burn off nervious energy. (And some fat as a bonus lol) 

Compassion fatigue is a huge concern for carers

Yes @NikNik I was practicing -

What can I see? What colours are in the room?

What can I hear?

With my psychologist the other day...

I also journal every day.

Adge

I started a journal when my mum died. I’ve continued it it’s more writing to her but I find I sort things out better than thinking.

5 4 3 2 1.....
5 things you see
4 things you hear
3 things you touch
2 things you smell

And finally...

1 thing you like about yourself

Compassion fatigue is a huge concern for carers, sure is @Jodieanne

and we have a thread called " hints and tips to Carer`s success "

at home I find small selfcare things like , doing a jisaw puzzle , soak in the bathe , having a cuppa under the trees outside

when I am away which I think we should all include , i am learning to do a bit more , I think it takes time and it does feel strange to be out @NikNik

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance