Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Feeling anxious when away from your loved one // Tues. 24 Apr. 7pm - 9pm AEST

Yes @NikNik the councillor has been helpful

Re: Topic Tuesday // Feeling anxious when away from your loved one // Tues. 24 Apr. 7pm - 9pm AEST

I should try and write in a diary @NikNik, @Tanglefoot, @Adge

Might help re reminder @NikNik

I'm so pleased to read that there's a lot of strategies already being used. That's awesome.

It's so important to look after our physical and mental health.

As Topic Tuesday is coming to a close, I wanted to end with acknowleding the amazing impact your support and love has on your loved one. Carers are often the unsung heros in all this. I hope you all take a moment and reflect on the difference you make and be proud of what you do.

We will keep this thread open for the rest of the night if people wish to continue posting.

If you're late to Topic Tuesday, feel free to answer the questions from tonight. 

Thank you to everyone for getting involved tonight.

Sometimes even the smallest of luxuries can bring the greatest pleasure @Shaz51

During one of my darlings hospital admissions I started a list here ' focussing on the positives' making a commitment to each day find something that

1. Positive that had happened

2. Something I was grateful for

3. Something that made me laugh.

Not an easy task but helped keep me focused during some rather dark days. Something I try and keep up with even if I am not posting but easy to forget. 

Thank you @NikNik , you are amazing too Smiley Very Happy

Thank you @Jodieanne, @TAB, @Tanglefoot, @Adge, @Former-Member, @Determined

You are amazing - that's a great picture (saying)...

Thanks @NikNik

I'm sure I learned some useful tips.

Adge

very true @Jodieanne

a lot of carers think they need to do big self care items but I find small ones more often are better

Take what we can get when we can ☺
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance