Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: bipolar mania onset

I haven't heard of wrap or advenced statement
So I no can't say I have used them.
I usually tell when I am getting manic it almost feels like every muscle in my body is twitching when it isn't
and my ideas and thoughts on things go from small scale erect a tent to skyscraper building
To give you an idea I feel very on edge. This is the first time I have really noticed it but I have never been this affected in the past when I gave been depressed I go comatose affected lol

Hi @eth 

I notice you mentioned you practice mindfulness. I just wanted to let you know that tomorrow night we have a mindfulness psychologist feature in Topic Tesuday at 6pm AEST - 8pm AEST. It will take place here

I hope you join us!

Nik

@Alessandra1992   I use a WRAP and also mood and sleep chart once I realise hypomania is starting.  It has helped more each time I've done it.

What is an advanced statement @Alessandra1992

An Advanced Statement is used to outline your treatment preferences and what you would like to happen in the event you become unwell. In Victoria we are yet to test their legal standing but the idea behind them is you can choose a Nominated Person to act on your behalf when you are unwell. Advance Statements are also a place where you can state why you do not want particular treatments or drugs and any public hospital is supposed to refer to them and adhere to them as much as possible. However, legally I am not sure if they pay in private hospitals or clinics. Worth googling though, I have an Advanced Workplace Statement, that outlines what I would like to happen if I become unwell at work..
Advanced Statements u believe hav much stronger legal standing internationally..

hi @eth 

Just thought i would see how you were?

haven't seen anything from you in a little bit?

How are you?

@kato thanks for asking, all is good for me I am visiting family and away from the computer for a while.  Hope all is ok for you too.

All good mate,
happy to hear you are good
I am okayish

eth it's good you're visiting family - just to have someone nearby helps, even more so if they accept your state of mind. Right at the beginning you said that you had no one nearby - there are always bipos or whatever nearby, the question is finding them. Perhaps there is a support group near where you live? Maybe if you just get to meet them when you're feeling ok, there will be someone to call on when times get weird. (well, at least thats the theory - I've found a support group, but not that I can get hold of anyone when its weird, but there is always hope!)

@kato, what's with the "ish" on the okay?
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance