Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Redraw
Senior Contributor

World caves in

i sit alone in painful times as I seem to in all times, I sit and look upon the world and wonder why..........why.........why is it the world is driven by narcacissm, hubris and the ever increasing need for instant self gratification, a world of beauty transformed into a gamorrean garden of visceral excess. All depth left for dead, love sits forgotten weeping tears of diamonds as the world is consumed by cheap lust, when did we stop caring when did people just become things to be used and thrown into the mud as they move to the next and the next and the next. Why is it so quiet now, why is it so empty, why is it so cold. When did it become stupid to have morality and standards and self control, when did love become a word to be thrown around as just some empty sentiment, when did sorry lose meaning, when did words become just words.

he sits upon the earth frozen to the touch but warm deep within, he looks upon the people and weeps that they shall never see or feel what real love is, he dreams of things that will never be because the world grows dark around him, his heart so big it was thought unbreakable people had cut it, times had aged it, people had crushed it beneath heavy boots, but he stood back up again and again denying the fall he could see, but then he saw what we had become, what everything was, is and shall be, and his mighty heart broke in two, now he sits invisible to all holding within his hands the pieces of a once great and beautiful heart.

259 REPLIES 259

Re: World caves in

Hi @Redraw

Welcome to the forums! it looks like this if your first post. Thanks for having the confidence to post and express yourself, sometimes that takes a lot of courage, so well done.

There are plenty of people here who are happy and willing to have a chat and give some advice, what ever you are after, I hope you are able to find the support you need here at the forums.

What a beautiful and descriptive piece of work, is this your own words and thoughts?

Outlanderali

Hi @Redraw 

Welcome to the forum

What you write is profound - I don't know the answers but you are so right to ask them

I think I ask many of them myself

Decadian

Always my own words and feelings, much like when I draw it's more me than just a simple construction. Thank you for your replies

@Redraw. Wow. I love how you express yourself through your writing. What a gift.

@Redraw. I hear what you are saying. There is a lot of wrong b in the world at the moment. A lot of selfish greedy people that don't care for others. But there arexalso people trying to stop logging out old forests. There are people inventing new ways of learning for those with Autism. There are those who have turned their backs on the corporate world and are now growing their own food without using chemicals. There are so many people in my own town that it keeps the town functioning. There are wonderful places in nature to smell the air or the scent of mulch. There are mountains to climb. Rivers to swim in. Books to read. Poetry and music to hear.
There are neighbour's to meet. New grouls to join with like minded people. Maybe there are even Angeles walking with us.
I hope you can see that we are not doomed. Not while many of are still here.

@Redraw

When I was younger I attended many peaceful demonstrations for causes I felt were important - and people still do that. It is a very powerful thing to do - and I know that in various ways - either in numbers or sometimes acting persistly alone - writing letters and being proactive - I have been involved in changing the law

So this is one person who hears what you say and takes it seriously - it is a form of art - and you are using it well - and I am glad you have shared it -

A lot of science fiction is political - it comments about a breakdown in society - something scary we all confront at different levels

It's a thought - have you throught of writing more - even a short story - and the issues you have written about here

Decadian

I think a lot, I write some down most floats through my pained mind, I see the hedonism and debauchery at every turn, there was once a time when people thought of love a thing that could last forever where there was no criteria, nowadays it seems that most just go tinder or zoosk or whatever and are happy to just bounce from one person to the next with no thought of actually feeling anything but only to (expletive deleted). There could be a soulmate out there for every person but do you have enough money, can you say you have no mental illness, do you have this do you have that, are you this are you that, are they just (expletive deleted) their way through tinder.

There once was a thing called honor this is now a term that would confuse people now the thought of genuine selflessness the thought that you need no compensation for doing what is right, we live in a world without honor without respect and without heart, we destroy ourselves because of our hubris, because there is no consequences we see people die everyday because they can no longer stand the pain. 

Would that there was a way to placate to disperse to alleviate the pain, but no we must just watch children confused as they grow older seeing their parents take on new families and they never really belong to either, thinking this is normal thinking this is how everything should be. Seeing addicts destroy themselves as they chase ever more mind alteration, watching those that have seemingly recovered from drugs or alcohol destroyed because they can no longer quiet the agony inside. 

I have seen much in a limited amount of time I have suffered some but others suffer more, I know true loneliness more than a lot but some would know it more, I have seen destruction, I have seen death and I have seen birth, I have known much but only little, I would weep were my body, soul, spirit and eyes not drained of every drop many years ago. 

As for short stories and such I am to prone to get bogged down in details, I have a half dozen stories bouncing round my head that have done so for years but switching them from the mental image to words is not easy sadly

Just write the way you do @Redraw

I have read some pretty tough stuff at University - James Joyce for instance

Fantastic stuff -

It sounds like a gift to me

Decadian

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance