Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: When the therapist is away....

Hey @Annabelle4 likewise. I write better than I talk and often it's not till I do start typing away that I realize where I'm at. I would like to get into journaling because it would help me keep tabs on my state of being better. It's supposed to be an excellent way to monitor mood/triggers etc. So far, I have more immediate things to sort out and haven't started any regular writing. Basic self care comes first - sleep, eat, move, meditate. 

Wrong thinking @frog. Journaling is just as important for basic self care as anything else is. It’s the way you approach things in life that tell whether you’ll succeed at something or not!

Excuse me @Annabelle4 you’re labelling my choice wrong thinking??? Not your place to judge. Ill advised at best since you know zip about me or my life. This is the first such comment I’ve had on the Forum and it’s not welcome.

HI @frog , i think im a little like you, i find it easier to type things out for some reason than speak. I often find out more about what is happening with me internally when i start to write a post on here or my psychologist but then cant hit the post button anyway. Journalling sounds like a good idea but it also feels lonely to me too?
Hi @Annabelle4 , i wasnt sure what you were meaning when you wrote wrong thinking, as frog was saying that journalling is good.

Sorry guys. I wasn’t trying to be rude. Big apology to you, @frog. I think I wasn’t meant for online forums as well as real people.

It's ok @Annabelle4 I shouldn't have snapped. I'd love to fit so much more into my life, including journalling, but between work and kids there isn't much room for me. I have been working on eeking out self-care time for the last 4 years, and it's hard. So I got defensive. Please don't give up on the forum. That would be really sad. There's a lot to be gained here. I wish you well with your writing. Peace.

You were right to snap, @frog. I was completely out of line. Still, I think I’ll buzz off from now on.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance