Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Relationship is struggling

Hi @26aqua 

My absolute pleasure and thank you so much for your lovely kind words and all of the coloured hearts - purple is one of my favourite colours Heart

Thank you for checking in with me Heart I have an amazing Therapist and GP who have been supporting me Smiley Happy

Thank you so much for sharing what’s been happening for you Heart I really got a sense of some of your ups and down and I think that it’s such an honour when people share a part of their story with me Heart

That’s so great that you received some positive feedback from several other managers! This sounds really encouraging - not to mention incredibly timely! Sometimes, this type of feedback can be the much needed and welcome evidence that we need to reassure us and alleviate some of our fears and anxieties in relation to our professional reputations!  

I’m so sorry to hear that you had an ‘episode’ Smiley Sad Living with mental health issues can be so unpredictable and sometimes we really do need that little bit of extra support to find our footing again Heart Hospital emergency departments can be extremely confronting environments and I think that you were really brave to seek out and access the support and care that you needed  - well done Heart

I’m so pleased to hear that the Mental Health Nurse was able to support you Heart Sometimes just knowing that there’s someone there who we can reach out to and who can shine a torch for us while we’re trying to navigate our way through uncharted and (often scary and confusing waters) can make such a difference Heart

You’re most welcome and I’m so happy that you liked the quote Smiley Happy I truly believe that one of the greatest gifts that we can give people is to sit with them in the emotional rubble and do our very best to connect with them, so that we can step into their world and begin to understand what’s happening for them Heart

Absolutely - I can really relate to the need to be listened to, heard and understood Heart I often wonder if in our desperation to ease people’s distress (and perhaps our own distress when we see those we care about in emotional pain) we rush in to offer solutions. However, through doing so, we run the risk of losing the ability to be able to connect with someone on a deeper level and hear what’s really happening for them and how we can best support them. To feel that someone ‘sees us’ and ‘gets us’ is just so important Heart It can be such a painful, lonely, disheartening and infuriating experience when we feel invisible and that despite our continued and best efforts to remedy this, our voice and our needs go unheard Smiley Sad

As I read towards the end of your story, I really got a sense that you’re on a journey of self-discovery and that some of the pieces of the puzzle are slowly starting to come together for you Smiley Happy I can’t tell you how excited I am for you that you’re starting to see some light at the end of the tunnel Smiley Happy

I have every confidence that you can make the changes in your life that are meaningful and important to you and I just wanted you know that I’m here cheering you on with my pink and purple pom poms!

Please know that I’m thinking of you as you continue to find your way and move forward and I’m sending you some hugs of encouragement Heart

Take care of yourself,

ShiningStar Heart

@ShiningStar between you and @Zoe7 I feel so much love, kindness and support. 

Thank you both.

I had quiet the explosive episode 4am this morning. But it was shorter lived and I'm taking time out for self care. 

My girls went above and beyond today to make me feel loved and special and their everything, I'm in a calmer, even happier place this evening, thanks to my little shining lights. 

Unpredictable is definitely a word that fits well to describe mental health issues. 

Only 6 more days until I see psych and 2 weeks until I see my psychologist  - which I'm actually looking forward to, maybe because he made me feel heard and understood and I feel like I will find some validation but also likely to just get so much out. 

💜💜💜 

So lovely of your girls to spoil you today @26aqua Those are the moments/days that you need to hold onto and help carry you forward.  Also great that you have taken time out for self-care - being able to recognise you need that and doing that for yourself is a really positive attribute.

You have some appointments in the next 2 weeks that will no doubt be really good for you. Do you write down things you want to talk about or just go with the flow when you get there? Have you talked much about the relationship and how invalidated you feel? Does your psych/psychologist help you with skills when you are angry/hurt/annoyed?

Thank you, they were just perfect yesterday, just what I needed. 

I have only seen my psychologist once, I was thinking of writing some things down but normally I just go with the flow and he does know I'm struggling with the relationship - at my visit he had first said he wasn't too keen on DBT but at the end he had said it would be beneficial for me. 

I see the community mental health psychiartrist before I see my psychologist again, so hopefully that will add extra information for him to work with me through. 

We haven't discussed any techniques dealing with intense emotions, so hopefully he may have some suggestions when I go. 

💜

From what you have described and written here DBT might be really good for you @26aqua I did 2 rounds of it and it helped immensely.

Hi @26aqua 

My pleasure! Thank you so much for your beautiful words Heart I can’t tell you how much it means to me to hear that you felt love, kindness and support Heart

Your daughters sound like beautiful, compassionate and caring little souls Heart Sometimes it’s those seemingly simple acts of kindness from those that we love that really can make such a difference Smiley Happy

Your appointment with the Psychiatrist is definitely fast approaching - not too much longer to wait! Please know that I’ll be thinking of you on this day and hoping that all goes well Smiley Happy Your appointments with your Psychologist sound really encouraging! Being able to connect with someone who hears and understands what’s happening for us is just so important and I truly believe that this can make such a difference in terms of supporting us to be able to make the changes in our lives that are important and meaningful for us Heart

Sending you love and hugs Heart

Take care,

ShiningStar Heart

You're most welcome @ShiningStar 

💜💙💜💙💜

My girls are truly magical young ladies.

Having a weird day today.. so I'll be short.

Not quiet sure how to explain what I'm feeling other than confusion and lonliness.

Hope you and @Zoe7 are staying well, love, support and kindness to you all x

That really does sound a tough place to be @26aqua You no doubt have a lot of thoughts and emotions still going on for you so allow yourself the time to feel them Hon. We do not have to have a 'good' day everyday and it is just as important to acknowledge it is a crappy day as well as when it is not.

I have had a really busy but productive day - now though my teeth are hurting and I am tired so whilst I am acknowledging what a good day I have had, I am also acknowledging that now I need rest and self care. For me that means time in front of the tv, watching the cricket, with my fluffy side kick next to me. Presently he is outside 'supervising' Cat - she is ignoring him as per usual lol

Hi @26aqua 

Thank you so much Heart

I’m so sorry to hear that you’re having a weird day today - that really does sound unsettling Smiley Sad

Sometimes it can be really difficult to find the words to describe what’s happening for us Heart Confusion and loneliness can definitely be very powerful and difficult emotions to make sense of and sit with Smiley Sad

Please know that I’m thinking of you and sending you love and hugs Heart

Take care,

ShiningStar Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance