Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Not such a good day already

Thanks again @Former-Member. I really appreciate your support.

The little people are home now which adds an element of stress (they're pretty full on at the moment) but also definitely a sense of purpose and big time protection from falling apart because I won't be broken, at least while they're around.

I spent most of the day in a ball on my bed feeling really average which is scary because it's not me to do that, but while I was pondering I was trying to work out what I could do to help myself out a bit more. I dont think my medication is helping with my energy levels at the moment so I will speak to my dr at an appointment tomorrow about changing it or tweaking the dose or supplementing it with something maybe. Also my diet is awful and I don't think coffee and the occasional lick of a spoon with frosting from kids cupcakes is much of a diet (no real surprise there). I can't seem to stomach much before feeling really sick though so I decided I could try smoothies ( @Mazarita - your talk of smoothies the other day might have helped with that idea (i think that was you?)). Just before I picked up the kids I got some extra fruit, vegetables, some yoghurt and coconut water to try some out and see if I can get some healthy goodness in me that way. I've also decided it's a great way to give the kids healthy after school snacks too so they've just finished a berry and yoghurt smoothie which was a huge hit. I'm working my way slowly through a strange but ok tasting mush which probably needed some extra liquid (note for next time) but it's something. I feel like now I have something new to try and learn about which will give me health benefits too so it seems like a good step forward. Rambling now sorry.

X

Good to hear from you again @Former-Member Never be sorry, it's great that you are talking this through. And anytime you need to please do not hesitate to post - day or night.

You needed some time out today as the pain hit hard. I understand as I have done that myself before on a few occassions and sometimes we need to do this to allow ourselves to grieve and let it out. It also helps us to sort our pain out in our minds and come up with goals to help us through it - which you did!

What a positive outcome @Former-Member. Devising a healthy eating plan for you and the children together with making an appt with your GP to touch base with your medication - all positive steps. You "are seeing a point" - the well being of your children and yourself. You are a strong, intelligent and loving woman who is dealing with a lot of pain, a very difficult time in your life. And you are dealing with it well. 

There will be days where it will hurt again and may set us back again. But those days will get less and less as the good days to celebrate will become more. As you take two steps forward, one back, three steps forward, one back - but we keep moving forward. And there will be times "when you will feel stuck". But you won't be alone as we will be with you every step of the way. Until you reach that place where the sun will shine again. And it will. Sending you warm hugs 🤗Xx

Hi @Former-Member, so glad the talk of fruit and vege smoothies has you making some too. I too do it because my diet is really not well balanced and, aside from the smoothies, I barely eat fruit and veges. Wish I'd let you know to make sure to put in enough fluid. I've made one too thick in the past too. Smiley Tongue Pleased to hear too that your time on the bed led to some helpful thoughts about how you might move forward.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance