Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Eden1919
Senior Contributor

Medications

So i have a problem. i recently changed medications and tomorrow i start the new one which is the same medication but the slow release form and the tablet is bigger. i have Bipolar but also OCD and my OCD has decided that i cant take this tablet because i will choke on it. my OCD is really intense and i cant ignore it but i dont know what to do about my medication i literally cant take it i am so confused and scared and everything is a mess what do i do?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Medications

Can you cut the tablet in half so it's not so hard to swallow @Eden1919?
Former-Member
Not applicable

@Eden1919, know how you feel, some days I just can't face my big (football) vitamin tablets, its just not logical. But don't break open slow release medication as they are scientifically coated, or sealed, for slow absorption - if you break that seal you'll get an uneven dose. Talk to your pharmacist - they can suggest alternatives for your Dr to consider prescribing. Theres, a liquid version of the same drug, or perhaps two half dose tablets...  Get onto this asap, and try not to worry yourself - just deal with the facts. All the best xox

I will try and contact my caseworker again but I am scared.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance