Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Gwynn
Senior Contributor

Med review - help

So I've been told that I've got a med review coming up and I don't know what to ask for.  Part of me wants to try a smaller dose of the same med I'm on because when my dose was upped to its present level I was quite depressed and just letting the doctors do whatever.  I don't think the meds changed that about myself.  It's not a case of side effects being unbearable or that I really desperately want to get off my meds, it's just that I think I was put on a higher dose than my body really needs.  How do you express yourself well in med reviews?

1 REPLY 1

Re: Med review - help

Hello @Gwynn I am not sure if you are on an order or if that makes a difference.  What you posted here makes good sense and shows your willingness to work with medical opinion, but saying your preference is to reduce. 

I am supported in my personal reduction goals but finding the need to go really slow with it, still, with a little prn "take as needed" wriggle room I have managed my ups and downs without major medical input.  That helps my sense of confidence in my judgment.

Take Care

Apple

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance