Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Former-Member
Not applicable

I think i just flipped it!!!

Great so more dramas.
I think ive just flipped out. I dont know if that was the right way to handle my situation but i just let rip.

I think im going to regret it later but at thw moment anger is over riding everything
49 REPLIES 49

Re: I think i just flipped it!!!

Hi @Former-Member, it is possible before you do or say something you might regret later, can you vent your anger in a 'healthy' way? Like scribbing furiously on a piece of paper then tearing it up, screaming into a pillow and the like. I'm sure you can think of other ways to vent also.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Ive already vented unfortunately @Queenie
Former-Member
Not applicable

I think everything has just gotten to me
Former-Member
Not applicable

@Former-Member
@Faith-and-Hope
@utopia
@Former-Member

I could use your opinions. ...
Former-Member
Not applicable

I'm back now @Former-Member. What do you think might help - chatting it through/working out some calm-down strategies etc.? It's really hard when things feel overwhelming.

thank you for coming back on @Former-Member i really appreciate it Heart

yeah everything is just getting really overwhelming and i think its jsut really getting to me

i had 3 triggers through the day

theres the injury and the pain im dealing with

i missed my gp appointment today as i couldnt really move off the lounge

i dont know if i can be a mum, dad, pop, nan, sister, teacher and a carer  and anything everyone expects me to be anymore.

im falling behind in my studies and having trouble concentrating becasue of everything is just getting to me.

im also in the middle of helping a friend through a panic attack at this minute as well and trying to cope myself

@Former-Member @Queenie

Hi @Former-Member

Sometimes its good to let it out, if its in a safe way. If its soemthing that hs caused more problems though it can be really difficult to manage. For now, just getting through the anger is enough to do i would imagine. So like @Queenie suggested, can you find a way to let it out healthily or find some way of distracting yourself for a bit. Moving your body is a good way of using up adrenalin, coul d be doing some sit ups or something else that doesnt stress your injuries.

Take care,

lj

Former-Member
Not applicable

Sounds like a massive amount to deal with and I can see why it feels overwhelming.

Sometimes the thing that helps me to get through is to list what's going on, just like you've done there, and work through each one of those with the question 'is there anything I can do about this right here in this moment'? If the answer is no, i put it on another list and put it away, literally, to deal with later. It might help to wade through the flood of feelings?

i cant really make the list @Former-Member

im helping my friend through this panic attack and i cant put it aside

my work is caring so cant change that

mum works everyday so i have the kids and i dont think i can change that

im trying very hard to deal with my own triggers that havent settled yet

and im trying to manage the pain as best i can

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance