Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

DJC
Contributor

Hopeless

Hi

Please I need to talk to someone, I'm really not sure what to say. I've been here before. Feeling so low.

15 REPLIES 15

Re: Hopeless

Hi @DJC,

I'm really sorry to read you feel so down. If you want to chat I'm happy to listen 🙂

Warm wishes,

FloatingFeather

hanami
Senior Contributor

Hi there @DJC 

I'm one of the peer workers here at Sane. I can hear the concern in your post and want to let you know we are here for you. Is there anything in particular you want to talk about? 

Sending hugs

Hanami

@FloatingFeather @hanami 

Thanks for reaching out. I'm feeling very overwhelmed with life. I looked at options for getting some professional help but I can't really afford a psychologist.

I just want to talk to someone.

There has been many things that have happened to me in the past and I have done my best to build a life for myself. But I really just feel so hopeless and alone. I don't know who I am. I struggle to get through each day. I go between feeling overwhelmed and numb and angry. I'm just so tired .

Something happened that triggered me and now I'm just stuck feeling all this negativity and not seeing a way out.

That's no good @DJC . I understand. Psychologists are so expensive and for many, that's just not something they can afford. It makes me sad that many who need psychologists the most can't afford to see one. Especially with the cost of living continually challenging us.

You can reach out to a counsellor at SANE if that helps. The number is 

1800 187 263. 

Good on you for building a life for yourself, that's an achievement. Sadly mental health can deteriorate out of the blue and take us by surprise. The fatigue from that is awful and feels never ending. Please keep reaching out. I'll tag some other members who may offer some wise words.

@Snowie @NatureLover  @jem80 @Aniela @Shaz51 @AussieRecharger @ShiningStar @outlander @HenryX @Judi9877 @Zoe7 @wellwellwellnez @Eve7 @maddison @Boo13 @pinklollipop15   @CrazyChick@Hams , @Faith-and-Hope , @BPDSurvivor 

I will try to contact the counsellor at SANE, thanks.

I am just thinking about it now and I think these are the areas I am having difficulty with:

1. Too much focusing on the past. The hurt that I've experienced has crippled me.

2. Needing to find myself and find coping mechanisms

I think you've done a really good thing by isolating the current issues really getting you down. That's a good step to help things improve. 

I'm glad you will call SANE. 

Hugs

Hanami

I understand what you mean about the costs of psychologist. Have you reached out to your GP about what you are going through? I believe they can refer people onto free counselling services  (up to 10 visits) if people need it.

It's easy to get caught up in past negative experiences. A word, sound, smell etc and I am triggered back into my past about a lot of things. Sometimes the memories are good ones and sometimes the memories aren't so good. It can be hard to sit in your own head sometimes (I know the feeling because I do it myself). Do you have a trusted family member or friend that you would feel comfortable talking to about how you are feeling? 

When I'm down I try to think of things that lift my spirit (even if it was something I liked to do as a child). Is there something that you can think of that you really enjoy to do and helps distract you (even for a bit)? I have had anxiety and depression in the past and even when it was at its peak I would really try to engage (even if it was only for a little while) in something that I knew typically brought be happiness. Even if I just got a bit of a relief from my thinking, it was nice to have a mind break for a while.

Keep reaching out and know that you are not alone in how you are feeling - I think what you are going through in terms of emotions are more common than people realise.

I have read that getting a MHP can impact your life insurance, so I am not keen on going that route. I will try to reach out to some other resources such as through work or private health funding and see what my my options are.

I don't have anyone to talk to at the moment. My partner is supportive but I think it's hard for him too. I feel like I'm at a point where I need to figure this out for myself. I also feel like I can't be 100% honest with my partner because he is not objective on the matters.

I would love to find something to do but I feel like I don't have the mental energy for it. I am a sahm and well, life is just too demanding. I try to read every evening, that's something I enjoy. I'd love to try some art, but just can't fit it in.

I don't know. My partner says sometimes I'm ungrateful for my life. But I'm really not. I feel like my brain is not allowing me to let go, or I don't know how to let go of the hurt. 

How does one let go of the past? I'm hurting so because of it. It's stealing my life. 

I feel like I can't breathe sometimes.

The pain just consumes me.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance