Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Feeling miserable - could it just be the meds?

Believe it or not @Former-Member, I spent most of the day in bed. I just couldn't front up to most things today. Tomorrow I am going out to the GP and then to get my hair cut and coloured (I am too grey). I am hoping looking a little better might help me feel a little better. 

How was your day?

naww the hair appointment sounds nice and yes, it does help to feel like we look good! Glad you have your gp appointment tomorrow, perhaps they will also have some ideas! I take some supplements when i start losing energy which helps, just b vitamins and d vitamins. not sure if its mind over matter but it sometimes seems to help!

i am going grey too! and do need my hair coloured but its so hard to find the time!

My dad was ... chaotically nonstop busy! i felt like i was in the midst of a tornado all day. it did go fast though! Finished up with helping at football and running around, so pretty tired and a bit sore now, maybe because i forgot it was Thursday and was in my boots. oops!

Well my GP told me pretty bluntly that I am too fat and need to go on a diet and lose weight (I've gained 15kg since my last hospital admission due to meds). I got from her a referral for a dietician and I have to keep a food diary and exercise diary. All this because I nearly fainted this morning at my appointment and went really pale because I had a vertigo attack. 

Oh well at least the hair cut made me feel a little better even if I felt awful after my morning at the GP. Ho hum!

At least thr hair cut was good
Maybe after you see a dietitian youll feel abit better and have abit more energy @Queenie

I guess that is true @outlander. I had been eating better (but I don't cook with salt but the other two do, so on a fairly high sodium diet) and exercising when I could... just have to do better. Soon I am hitting the pool to do laps as I enjoy that. 15kg is massive, I'm not sure where it's all come from!! Even the GP was shocked when she weighed me because I don't look like I've gained that much and my clothes are still the same size and not tight.

oh... go gp. not... 

The meds are so hard! I was on one type of med for a short time and immediately started putting on weight it was crazy 😞 Feel for you! My daughter has food difficulties.. so have seen a few dieticians with her and all of the ones that i have seen have been really non judgemental and really supportive/helpful! So i hope that even though its sucky the actual referral is good... I definitely learnt things each time we went. 

Glad your hair appt was good and that has left you feeing a bit better 🙂 that's great!

Are you feeling any better at all since starting back on your antidepressant meds? (or was it only after your appt today that you got them?)

Hugs @Queenie

Hi @outlander

Hi @Former-Member, I've been back on them a few days and to be honest, I think that is why I had the vertigo attack today. I've been having dizziness and vertigo since starting back on them. Hopefully it settles again and I feel more 'human'.

oh... yes, some that i was on a while ago did that too me if i forgot to take them, or changed dosage etc. and getting off them was just awful with the worst dizzy spells and 'brain zap' feeling. ugh! meds! 

Fingers crossed for you it does settle again, very soon!

Try To set yourself small goals to eat healthy and exercise everyday Even Just 15 minutes at a time breaking it down and doing 15 minutes 3 or 4 times a day will add uo in the long run and small diet changrs help too

Its easy to gain weight when your not watching it or in the depressive state

Good luck with it @Queenie 💚

Hi @Former-Member hope your well today 💕💕
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance