Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Changing meds

I hope it works again for you too @WIP Our bodies do tend to get used to things and the benefits of them dwindle over time so hoping with so much time in between this one works again Hon.

Yeah I can imagine how hard it is for you and that will not get much easier over the next couple of weeks but you have a plan now and that little ray of hope so that is a real positive. You have had so long of your psych not actually hearing you also so that was a massive win today - take heart in that you were not only heard but had the courage to find your voice and discuss what you felt you wanted and needed - that is a huge thing to do and shows your inner strength ...I admire that within you Hon Heart

I used to be such a strong and capable person @Zoe7 .  I've really lost my way in recent years and been stripped of my confidence.  I'm a shadow of who I used to be (well not physically, due to the significant weight gain from the antipsychotic he put me on 😉).

I just don't know if I'll ever find my way again.

I'll have to keep reminding myself of the 'little ray of hope' I didn't have y'day. x

That's it Hon - you didn't have that yesterday but you have it today @WIP Keep hold of that little ray of sunshine - and I will keep reminding you of it too because it is a massive thing what you achieved today.

I fully understand the weight gain - the meds have done that for me too but I am more grateful that they have worked and so not too worried about the extra weight. I know I need to start regaining some physical fitness and strength back but my back issues severely hamper that too. I loved being in the pool but had to stop that because they were not open when I finished work. It was a very small pool with a small clientele - I cannot do big pools with too man people around. There is a smaller pool closer to me but it has after school swim sessions with kids so not a good option either. I also miss the beach and walking there with Tobes - very much looking forward to the warmer weather to be able to do that again too.

I am off to couch island to see if I can sleep Hon. Not sure when I will be able to check in again this week - very much depends how I get through tomorrow and how tired I am ...but will get your messages and will reply when I am able to. In the meantime keep that little bit of hope alive, do somethign special for yourself to reward what a massive thing you did today, how much strength and courage that took and that you are finally being heard. I am proud of you Hon - you got this Heart

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @WIP I just read your message. Thanks for letting me know that your appointment went ok. I'm glad your psychiatrist agreed for you to try the medication that you've been on before. I really hope it works for you again.  
I can imagine that you are feeling quite drained from your appointment. Crying can be very emotionally draining. 
I hope you are able to sleep well. 
Night night. 😴🌸🌺

Hi @WIP , that's good news that your psychiatrist agreed to the med that you prefer. Are you starting that today? Am keeping my fingers crossed that it works well for you 🙂 In the meantime, we are here to support you...

Good Morning @NatureLover 

Nice to hear back from you 😊

Yep, start the new med this morning at an initial

low dose for 5 days, then double it after then. 
Thamks for your well wishes and glad you will be here for me if I need support along with way - very kind of you.

One day at a time & hopefully a little sprinkle of improvement each day too.

I'm definitely hoping for a little sprinkle of improvement every day for you @WIP  🙂

Thanks @NatureLover 

Me too!  Just a sprinkle will help to keep me hopeful 😀

Hi @Zoe7 

Just wanted to quickly touch base to say I hope you made it through work ok and are feeling better.

x

Made it through work but exhausted @WIP I really hoped I would be asleep by now but unfortunately not happening so far. Going to try again soon.

I hope you are doing as okay as you can be. Just think - one more day down until you start the new med so hopefully one more day closer to some relief 👍💕

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance