Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Changing meds

Thank you @Former-Member 

Night. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Night night. Sleep well @WIP 😴

All the best with your appointment tomorrow. Let me know how you go. 

@WIP I'm sorry to rerad you had such a bad day yesterday. I am thinking of you today with your psychiatrist appointment, and hoping it goes well...

Morning @Zoe7 

I saw in one of your other threads that you haven't been very well the past few days. I'm really sorry to hear that. Really grateful though, that you still managed to message me last night, while not feeling well. I hope you got some sleep last night & the power stayed on.

It does make a difference being able to reach out to you guys, when I'm struggling (which is most of the time these days Unfortunatley).  Knowing that you do actually 'get' what I'm saying and going through, because you've been there yourself, makes me feel less alone.

Rest up lovely @Zoe7 

Yeah been quite unwell since Sunday @WIP but slowly improving. I couldn't get into my GP today but I am hoping to be back at work tomorrow. My stomach has settled and the persistent headache has nearly gone (more uncomfortable now than painful). I am still very tired and a little shaky but going to cook lunch today and see how I feel afterwards.

I have certainly been in that 'constantly struggling' position Hon - it is tiring and all consuming. It feels like there will be no end to it and there seems no point in trying because nothing will ever change. What helped me (apart from the support of people here and my team) was approaching each day as a new day and beginning again to try to put one foot in front of the other. This took a very long time though and I know you are very much tired of the med changes and lack of support/not being heard in real life so that is hard for you to do. I can only say - do not give up Hon - there is better out there ...I am an example of how things can change despite so long feeling that was impossible. It is debilitating going through what you are - and hope feels like a nasty 4 letter word that is both unattainable and impossible - but there is hope and I will hold that out for you whilst you cannot see it for yourself.

Keep reaching out, keep connecting, keep letting us know how you are going and what you are dealing with - it really does matter that you can do all those and have people here in your corner to both help you through that as well as listen and support you.

Hugs and hugs Hon Heart

Thanks @Zoe7  will update you after my appt this afternoon.

Im glad to hear you are feeling a bit better, sounds as though you've been very unwell though ☹️
Take it easy, try not to overdo things today and hope you feel even better soon. x

Goodluck with your appointment @WIP I hope you can get across exactly how much you are struggling and both feel heard and helped. I will look out for your update later. Take care Hon Heart

Good Evening @BPDSurvivor @Zoe7 @NatureLover @Former-Member @Owlunar 

I hope you all had a good day and stayed warm....

Psych appointment went ok this afternoon.  We came to a mutual agreement on what med to try next (well, he suggested one, I respectfully suggested an alternative and he realised I had made my mind up on what I wanted to try).  It's a SSRI that I responded well to many years ago.  It's going to take awhile to see if I improve, so the waiting game begins.....

Even though it was a good outcome, I did get emotional during the appointment and demostrated again how fragile I am.  I struggled again this afternoon.  That's just how things are at the moment.

Thanks for all your good wishes for my appt today, most appreciated.  

Sleep well,

WIP

I am so pleased you were able to not only voice what you were thinking but it was heard @WIP Yes the next couple of weeks may be tough but you are on a path that you want to be on, with the knowledge that this new med has helped in the past. If it helps even a little then that is great ...that right there is what you have been void of lately Hon - there is a little ray of hope Heart

Thanks @Zoe7 

I'm trying to appreciate it as a little ray of hope - I feel so flat, that I'm struggling to see it that way. 
I was on it years ago, until it stopped working!! At the very least, I know I'm not going to have a terrible reaction like I did with the MAOI over the past few weeks.

It did feel good that he acknowledged what I preferred to try - just gotta wait and see if I've done the right thing. 

Wish I could fast forward the next few weeks...I'm so tired of struggling and crying a lot of the day away.

Hope you didn't overdo things today and are feeling better. ❤️

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance