Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Back again checking in

Hi @NatureLover I am home again, panicked and called crisis line then police and ambulance came. Felt stupid. I feel like the psych just fobbed me off and considered me as just an attention seeker even though I assured him I was serious. Feel even worse now should not have called. 

Hi @BlueBay nope no help at all other than to follow up with community mental health who weren't terribly supportive before. 

@Lilly6 wrote:

Hi @NatureLover I am home again, panicked and called crisis line then police and ambulance came. Felt stupid. I feel like the psych just fobbed me off and considered me as just an attention seeker even though I assured him I was serious. Feel even worse now should not have called. 

Oh gosh, I know you are serious, @Lilly6 ... I'm sorry you feel that you shouldn't have called. 

How are you feeling now? Can you rest and have something to eat? 

Oh that's not good @Lilly6 

how long do you have to wait to see them? 
that's really frustrating. 
Good on you for calling a crisis number for help. 
hugs 🤗 

@NatureLover Have slept a fair bit today and eaten a little. Feel soo tired still. 

@BlueBay Don't know, psych didn't say 

Hi @Lilly6,

I'm so sorry for the experience you had when reaching out for crisis support. It sounds like you felt very dismissed and are coping even worse now because of it. Smiley Sad It is awful when you are reaching out desperately and do not feel helped or believed. 

I just wanted to let you know that our Community Managers are going to reach out to you on email today to touch base.

Please take very good care of yourself in the meanwhile and continue reaching out here for support if it helping you right now.

Kindest,

Amour_Et_Psyché

Thanks @Amour_Et_Psyché 

I just want to be clear that my complaint is against psych at hospital and hospital experience in general. Lifeline, police and ambulance were lovely and very supportive. Just wanted to make that clear. But yes felt very dismissed by psych and hospital to a degree.  

@Lilly6 wrote:

@NatureLover Have slept a fair bit today and eaten a little. Feel soo tired still. 

OK, am glad you've managed to sleep and eat. You're probably mentally drained as well as physically... Really hoping you can continue to take care of yourself and rest some more...you're worth looking after 🙂  @Lilly6 

Hi @NatureLover @BlueBay just wanted to touch base and say 👋 and thanks for your support recently. Thanks to everyone else too, you have been fantastic. 💜💕

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance