Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Always the darkness

It’s sounds like you’ve had a lot (too much!) on your plate in recent times, @Zoe7. Thank goodness for the furry and purry ones. Sorry to hear about all the health issues in your fam. I hope they’re all well when you see them tomorrow. Sending you all loads of ‘good health’ vibes for 2022! (To be honest, I’m sending the whole world ‘good health’ vibes for 2022!)

So pleased that your new school has been so supportive. Having good people around you (at work or otherwise) makes all the difference. I hope you get a chance to really relax once the term is over. Do you have any plans for the break, or just relaxing at home with the 'kids'? 😊

I have almost no news at all. Not any good news, anyway. I’ve moved a few times. Spent a few months homeless. Moved to an entirely new area to seek support. Got support from the MH team in the new area but was then dumped at the start of the pandemic because my disability made me too inconvenient. 🙃 I’ve since moved again. Housing insecurity is so not conducive to good mental health. 😔 Oh, I guess something good that happened since I last spoke to you is that I finished my degree at the end of 2018 (after 16 years!). I now have a BA in Creative and Professional Writing. So there’s that. 😊 And I’ve had a few small pieces of writing published in various places online. Look at me go, with my glass-half-full-ing. 😁

Oh Hon I am absolutely going to focus on your achievements - so happy you completed your degree and have had some work published - go you 🤸‍♀️😁

I cannot believe that there are people that are supposed to be in the caring profession that just wash their hands when it seems to get too hard - those people should get another job because they are toxic in the ones they are in - grr!!! You deserve so much better my friend Smiley Sad ...and having to move so much - yes hard to deal with life and our MH when there is so much uncertainty around where you will live. Maybe you should move to Tassie and join us lol - Edie might not like having another cat (and dog) around though Smiley Tongue @still_bookish 

Hehe. I just giggled at that emoji … is it a cartwheel? (My computer is so old it doesn’t even have that option. Though to be fair, nor do I, no matter how excited I am!) 😁

Tassie was on the cards (and wishlist) for me for a long while. Unfortunately, now—aside from the cost of such a move—my anxiety is at a point where it’s unlikely I’ll ever get on a plane again (let alone a boat, argh!). But I do desperately wish I’d moved there years ago. Once upon a time my plan was to do my honours and then PhD at UTAS. I feel like maybe I should start buying lotto tickets because it’s the only way I’ll even have a chance at secure housing, which is a bit sad. I remember having conversations here about what we’d do with eleventy billion dollars to make the world a better place. We really should get onto that. 😊

Oh, and you’re right., @Zoe7. I think Edie would struggle with having to share her human.

Oh yes eleventy billion dollars to change the world @still_bookish I would start with the ridiculous MH system we have - then maybe some more people could find their own path with support and hope.

Yes that certainly is a cartwheel - LOL I would fall flat on my face if I tried - now that would be worth the entry fee hahaha.

I am going to hold onto hope you will get here one day - surprisingly though Hobart is now the most expensive place to rent of all the capital cities. We do not have any caps on how much owners can charge nor on how frequently or by how much they can increase rents. The flat I lived in for 16 years (just around the corner from my house) sold for more than my present house. My property has nearly double in value in less than 10 years too - it really is ridiculous - how is the average Joe supposed to buy - home ownership is so out of reach for the majority it seems. 

I have not opened the door to Cat's room since a couple of days after she died - so maybe Edie can have her room ...it is attached to the spare room (which is the biggest in the house) so maybe you can both move in there 👍💖 I have oftened offered my kayak to Faith-and-Hope to cross Bass Strait - so it is there for you too lol

By the way - how is that darkness feeling now Hon? I am filled with light just having you back @still_bookish Smiley TongueHeart

@Zoe7  One of the things I was most pleased to see when I was (non-creepily) peeking back in here to see how you were going over the years, was that you were still in touch with Faith-and-Hope. It really made my heart smile. Thank you for offering me use of the kayak. 💚 (I’m sorry you haven’t been able to go into Cat’s room. I hope that gets easier as time passes. 💚😢)

I’ve accepted that I will never own a home, but I’m currently being priced out of the private rental market. Because my head is the way it is—and because the pandemic has been so horribly pandemicky—I can’t live with a house mate, so I need to be able to afford the rent on my own. I’ve lived in regional areas for years now. At the moment I’m looking for a new place and looking statewide, but even the areas in the very farthest reaches of the state (completely un-commutable to Melbourne) are now so ridiculously expensive. It’s terrifying. I’m so scared of winding up homeless again. I was able to stay with my brother last time, but that’s no longer an option. It would mean putting Edie in boarding and living in my car.

The world really would be a better place for everyone if we had eleventy billion dollars at our disposal. 😊

Not creepy at all @still_bookish LOL- actually kind of sweet that you could keep a connection in your own way. ...and yes our F&H is my rock - I love her dearly and just like you wish life was so much easier. You are both very strong, courageous women and I have nothing but love and respect for you Heart It feels like I have my (other) buddy back and that is just wonderful. 

Very much hearing you about the price of rent - just another system that should not be as it is. Every person should have a secure place to call home (a basic human right) and to know you do not have that is terrible Hon.That is another thing I would change with eleventy billion dollars - homes for everyone 👍 There are so many public housing houses here left without anyone in them because the govenment cannot get off their privileged backsides to see what is needed. They continue to throw money into propping up sporting ventures and numerous 'Inquiries' when if they spent the money where it was needed then some of those such 'inquiries' would not be needed. The world really is upside down - and unfortunately the rich are just getting richer and that great divide is ever increasing. Will get off my soap box now lol...

I hope you find somewhere to call home Hon - you deserve nothing less my friend Heart

Oh my gosh, yes! The world is SO upside down and backwards. Sometimes it’s hard not to despair at the state of things. Basic human rights are apparently far too much to ask for. 🙃 Honestly very grateful for soap box speeches. I often feel like I’m alone in crying out ‘what on earth is going on’ and ‘why don’t they just do x’. The solutions seem so straightforward and yet … the world is mess.

It has been so good to catch up with you tonight, @Zoe7 . Thank you for being as wonderful and kind as always. 💚

It really has made my day Hon 😍 I cannot believe you are back - so wonderful Heart

Hope you get some sleep. Better find Clover (no doubt she is outside chasing bugs lol). Tobes is where he always is - right next to me Heart Give Edie a cuddle from us all - and one massive one for you. My world just got a lot brighter 💖💖💖💖💖

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance