Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Angels333
Senior Contributor

Advice about therapy

Hi saw my psychiatrist today and I didn't mention how I felt. He didn't go near the deep stuff we discussed on Friday. He just talked about my kids and focused on the positive side of things. I do feel a little bit better bu5 now I don't see him until Wednesday next week, I just don't feel like I can last without SH. The SH was fairly intense on Friday, I completely lost the plot.
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Advice about therapy

He may have been deliberately going easy as you had a torrid session before. In order that you can integrate the flood of feelings and thoughts. It might help at some time when you feel ready .. to tell him about your SH.

In the meantime ... maybe draw a list of strategies that work ... surround yourself with cotton wool .. be protective with yourself.

He knows about the SH. I know what you are saying @Appleblossom and you are right Friday was terrible which is why he was keen to see me again straight away.

I feel like a kid who cannot be pleased even though I'm 39! I get paranoid when he wants to see me often and anxious when the there's a gap. I still feel that hospital would have been the best option, but I know that there's no one to care for the kids, so it's not feasible. I so need a break, two weeks away just to clear my head. Someone to take control of my SH, some supervision.
Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Angels333

I know so well what you mean about needing that break but no options when you're a mama and little people need you. 

My last session with my psychologist didnt go well.. but it had been an awful day (one of our beautiful students died from an asthma attack) and i just kind of fell apart somehow - not sure what happened really, then had an abysmal end ot the week with court ordered assessment on fridya that didnt go well. luckily my psychologist is ok for me to email her, though i cant really say how im feelign because of court stuff..

i wish i could be somewhere... kind of safe i guess... for a bit.

lj

Oh no @Former-Member, your student died from asthma, I knew you were a wreck last week, I'm sorry to read this. I know how you feel though, I had a private swimming student of mine die from epilepsy, that was very sad.

Yes, I just want to feel safe.

Former-Member
Not applicable

What do you do to help not sh? I try to keep busy... keep putting it off till after i've done something... or not for another five minutes and try to keep things held off.

LJ

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance