Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: The Weekly Friday Feast

@Adge  you just reminded me of the shell-backed pidgeons in Darwin.  They bend over forwards and fan their tales while they coo ... and a woman I knew told me they were singing "and here is my arse, and here is my arse,...."!!

Former-Member
Not applicable

@saturnzoon 

Id imagine an autistic kid would feel more react more so needs a quiet peaceful environment.

My son was at daycare with an autistic boy. He was looked after well however when my son started prep the sch teacher was an old mean angry woman. She scared the parents!

First day after sch my son wouldnt speak he was so scared.

Anyway she actually put the autistic kid in a box to shut him up. He was apparently screaming & yelling & hanging onto my son for help. I tried to tell the mother that teacher was setting him off.

Unfortunately the teacher had already got into mum saying my son had adhd. 

A yr later i had my son tested & he was gifted & they ruled out adhd totally. He was wriggling cause he was mentally bored & teacher stressed him out.

Anyway must b very challenging for u 

Hey feasters.
I've been watching the movie. But about to shower. Pretty tired too.

I've got to get horizontal folks so goodnight all and take care xx

Hang in there @saturnzoon   I really don't know why you don't give your older son his marching orders.  He seems to be at the centre of all the strife you post about.  Sorry if I'm being too blunt.

good night @eth , see you tomorrow xx

I agree With @eth
@saturnzoon
Former-Member
Not applicable

@saturnzoon 

Your autistic son isnt a sook either.

He senses way more than average

Like a person with bpd gets triggered off by people. Im far from a sook but i know what i feel when im triggered. I dont imagine it. If people r nice friendly & pos & i have plenty of quiet time im 'normal'

Iguess my son & i r lucky cause we r both gifted so i live in a quiet home. This way neither of us sets each other off. His father set both of us off.not so much now when he visits from nz 

Former-Member
Not applicable

I love all your bird pics @Adge ... I think my favourite is the Goldfinch, though they are all beautiful.

Hi everyone ... I wasnt around  earlier, but just catching up now.  @saturnzoon @Shaz51  etc

hey @saturnzoon  @Former-Member  its so great to see you both connecting here 🙂  As this is a social thread though do you think perhaps this topic may be better suited to another thread? Perhaps A long rave as i know you both chat on that one sometimes. 

hello @Former-Member , starting to get hugary again

have not had a shower yet Smiley Very Happy

and mr shaz is thinking of buying another pole chainsaw / hedge trimmer

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance