Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Musical stuff

Hello

Pink Floyd is my favourite band too @Silenus I have a CD of Gregorian Chant, but haven't played it lately. I often like songs just for the lyrics and listen very closely to them. I like the lyrics to Starry Night by Don Mclean , I think,  and plus, the music is lovely.

Would play my favourite songs on repeat but I can't remember how.

You know that this is a thing? There are websites dedicated to doing this.

At the moment I've got Rufus - Desert Night (jesse rose mix) stuck my head. General vibe I'm loving at the moment is people mixing hip-hop to to electronic. Favourite at the moment is Kanye - Touch the Sky mixed to The XX. Favourite album that does this was by Dangermouse who mixed Jay Z's the black album to the Beatles White Album.

The technique changes hip-hop from being boastful, look at me attitude to more a pleading to be heard; that their voice matters. I guess it's the switch (generally) from a major key to minor.

I grew up playing trombone, mainly playing jazz. I also took musicology so I can navigate that side of it too. Just like modern forms of music.  

I like Mendelssohn too. Thanks for mentioning him Silenus. Bimby2

yeah @Kurra there are very few songs i listen to at both ends of the spectrum

ive found maybe 6 or 7

In a recent performance one of our soloists transitioned from metal to opera.

Then recently I googled "The Gentle Storm" .. metal folk symphonic fusion.

For some odd reason I feel strangely satisfied that musical tastes can turn in a circle just like the left and right of politics can become a circle. Woman Happy

There's metal in Beethoven.

There's definitely metal in Wagner, too... 🙂

Woohoo!
I've just got back from 8 hours of intense rehearsal. Such a fabulous feeling! I probably sound as if I'm gloating but making music feeds my entire being .  That makes more sense now!
Hugzzz to all

8 hours indeed does sound intense

I cant do anything for 8 hours
well except maybe sleep

on a musical note I recently found a great band
they are Swedish and play some groovy melodic metal

they are called GHOST and have a cover song call 'if you have ghosts' that haunts my days

I'll suss them out @GonePirate

I finally get it @Kurra.. DDDeerrrr .. I am so thick .. most people think of music as something to consume ... while I am a weirdo and think it is just something that people do ...

I have decided to memorise some pieces from the Fluyten Lusthof .. to keep me distracted but mentally focussed during these tough times.  So while I am in bed a bit lately, I also roll over and learn a few bars at a time.

One of them is called

Wat Zal Men Op Den Avond Doen   (What shall we do in the evening?)  and

Pavane Lachrymae (Slow Stately dance of Tears .. in duple time??)

another

Engels Nachtegaeltje  (English Nightingale)

I like the way the Dutch just ask the question .. low key .. pragmatic ... and turn it into a work of art ..

Lately I have been looking at how the Dutch view the English .. to help me probe my ancestry and the limitations of the single language I speak.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance