Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Good Morning!

@Glisten saunas are not recommended for diabetics as extreme temperatures can affect blood sugar. Which is why its contraindicated. I did not know you were born in the year of the rabbit! I'm a rooster 🐓 The ionizer thingy I mentioned is not the same as negative ions from the ocean (which is great btw) it just zaps bugs before you inhale them. Great for public transport over winter. With pandemics I've seen them more heavily advertised. I've had mine for over 10 years now

I hope you don't get the flu either @Shaz51 I have to be very careful. I hope you will be ok. It must put you ill at ease. I know I would feel that way if I was in your situation.

@SmilingGecko  I did not know any of those things and now you told me and that is great because now I know more things.

Now I have to Google how sauna affects blood sugar.

How awesome is that about the ironiser virus killing machine.

@Shaz51 very auspicious to be born Year of the Dragon 🐉 always do well in business.

@SmilingGecko is a Rooster aka Hot Chick 🐓

I’m a Rabbit 🐇 but can’t jump to save my life.

The summer I got diabetes dx I noticed my blood sugar went up and had to google. Was not told in advance by diabetes educator. Same with cold. Temperature extremes affect blood sugar @Glisten This dx has been a learning curve for me in so many ways. The little ionizer device I got is wonderful. I read all the product reviews and the one I got seemed the best going by testimony and industry standards. Mine is old now and uses a battery the other modern ones use a USB cable. That other post you mentioned 10% of housing stock, that is a generous amount. So many people winding up sick/disabled and unable to work. It seems to be burgeoning. The kids I see catching the bus to local high school look sick and pasty. Our generation never seemed that bad

@SmilingGecko  I Googled the affect of sauna on blood sugar. Induces insulin spikes.
It also triggers growth hormone that is wonderful!
Also the logical reason why I am so much stronger than most women and some men my age and younger.

Wild. Love it

Thats amazing @Glisten I think you are onto something! I'm in the process of building a stronger body. Can't do sauna but will do other things which will hopefully get me arriving at a similar point.  For now its my usual routine but have read ayurvedic "abhyanga" strengthens the entire body. So am looking into incorporating that into my routine again! How has your Saturday been? I'm just about to go off and meditate for now. Hope your day has been good! ❤️

Hear hear @Bon_courage 

You are correct about studying and trying to do our lives to @HelloKitty1981 

Does everyone gets regular blood tests to manage our bodies ? 

I'm getting blood tests on Monday ....falling asleep daily. 

Here's something for a giggle .....

I asked the free Gemini AI that I walk approx 5000 steps a day and AI said that was good and I can have a break this weekend  lol 

Hi @Glisten Yes I'm in WA (Perth) - I've lived here almost 30 years now.

I've had some challenges & emotional hurdles over the past week, so I've not posted anything on the Forums in a while.

No I'm not with the NDIS - Someone on Forums assumed I was.

NDIS rejected my application several years ago - I have no intention of Re-Applying (of applying again).

Adge

@Adge  you made me think, yeah I’ve been here 30 years now.

Asking you about NDIS never crossed my mind.

Taking the time you need to focus and prioritise needs is really good.

I will most likely be noticeably absent from the forum in a fortnight to address my current challenges.

More power to you.

G

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance