Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Good Morning

Hi @Judi9877 

Hope your Monday is going well. Great to hear you are making the most of your stay at PARCS. Implementing the strategies from there is so good for your wellbeing. 

@SmilingGecko I hear you re the Tik Tok filter. There are so many ways to make us feel insecure in our appearance, god knows we do NOT need another! Sigh. I don't think this phenomenon is leaving us any time soo though. 

Wishing you all a great day

Hanami

Former-Member
Not applicable

Sounds like a super busy day yesterday @SmilingGecko - I love salmon too but have recently branched out to trout as well. Apparently they are given healthier food and have less colouring. Who knows - it's yummy anyways.

Hi Tom @hanami @StuF @Meowmy @Snowie 🌹.

How are you @hanami haven't seen you here for a while 😊.

Hi @Former-Member 

I was actually thinking the same about you! Maybe we just haven't crossed paths for a while. I did have some annual leave a couple of weeks back. 

How have you been? Hope things are going well for you!

Hanami ❤️

@hanami its going to stay. We are facing the fourth industrial revolution now so humans will be interfacing to a greater extent with advances in technology. The technology according to the world economic forum and Klaus Shwab is part of transhumanism which is a new philosophy which advocates the enhancement of humans by developing and making widely available sophisticated technologies that can greatly enhance our lives. Its often called the "merging of the man with the machine" 

Are you a pescatarian @Former-Member? I wondered if fish like salmon and trout contain iron. My fish is wild caught. I'm not altogether ok with trout farms have heard its very concentrated area of water and stressful for the fish and they normally feed them pellets.  I have heard Dr Suzuki discuss the dyes they put in salmon to make them extra pink.  I may have had trout as a child but would not know what it tastes like now. We have a new fishmonger in the shopping precinct and wondered whether I should get more varieties of fish there instead.  I normally buy mine frozen in vacuum sealed bags. I did hear from an interview with a fisherman and dietician that frozen fish is better and is not sitting forever on frosted ice for days to keep cool. You really don't know how fresh the fish is at a fishmonger. The frozen fish has taste. You wouldn't think so. I always used to buy fresh but now prefer frozen.  Yes it was a busy day yesterday.  I just received a months supply of food with $50 off using something called Woolworths Extras.  So no buying of food until next month!

Hi @Judi9877,

Glad to read that your electricity got sorted out. Hope the heat over the weekend wasn't too much for you and your housemate.

Going to the library was such a clever idea! It sounds like a win-win, you got to relax and charge your phone - I would never have thought to do that.

Hope all is well with you and you have a lovely week ahead.

Warm wishes,

FloatingFeather 

Good morning and good afternoon @hanami @FloatingFeather @SmilingGecko @Former-Member @StuF @MDT @Meowmy @Snowie @Shaz51 @Eve7 @TAB @Historylover @Emelia8 @oceangirl @tyme @Jacques @Appleblossom @Faith-and-Hope @greenpea @Clawde @Basil @amber22 @Paperdaisy @Peregrinefalcon @yellowcorgi and all forumites here. Happy Monday to you!

@hanami I think you’re getting my message about PARCS confused. I was there last month from 10/2-24/2 just before I returned to my course at the start of this month. The stay was mostly good except for a run in with a peer worker who chose to try end enforce her mental health recovery agenda in me which I refused to do and ended up reporting her much to her disgust. I learnt what not to do as a potential peer worker in the future so it was a good learning experience. I also learnt more about myself such as the importance of a routine and being more social with others instead of hiding in my room when I was feeling down so it was a relatively good experience in that regard.

@FloatingFeather my housemate came up with the library idea when the power went out so I was lucky it was open late being a Friday night! It was a stressful time with me hoping that my phone would charge enough so it would last until the power was restored which was only another 15-30 mins after coming back from the library at 9pm.

As for today, I’m planning on working on a crazy blanket for charity which is half completed and doing some reading of a mental health book that I came across in a library that’s a few years old. 

Take care!

Judi9877☺️🌻

Oh that's not good about the peer worker @Judi9877 ! I used to work with a PW who did this quite a bit. The agenda she was pushing was quite dangerous to be honest and it used to worry many of us. It's good you were wise to the agenda-pushing. 

Lovely to hear from you

Hanami

G'day @Former-Member @Judi9877  and all...Happy Monday (well, what's left of it)

Had group this morning which was good and just got back from a walk- the heat has gone here! So nice 🙂

Just wanted to share some pictures of a shaman holding ceremony for us on day 8 of a 22 day Mayan Activation.   Picture one is part of the shamanic ceremonial practice using hand positions around the head to open energy channels or pillars for psychic abilities. Picture two is of Calixo a multidimensional authentic crystal skull from an another epoch - one of the few genuine crystal skulls in the world. They say skulls like this are "beings" and have a consciousness. The next is the smoking of pure sacred tobacco as a parting blessing.  My third eye is now open. I feel nothing but a state of bliss, deepening compassion and also the added benefit of lucid dreaming.

@StuF @hanami @Judi9877 @FloatingFeather @TAB @Former-Member 

Screen Shot 2023-03-20 at 5.07.09 pm.pngScreen Shot 2023-03-20 at 5.06.47 pm.pngScreen Shot 2023-03-20 at 5.07.50 pm.png

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance