Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Good Morning!

@ Tab also into history, politics even if it is sick-making atm, vaguely green, well from cost perspective, okay general knowledge, bit of human jukebox , slightly above av IQ, well was once lol likes animals lives alone so can lose sight of the horizon every now and again.. @PeppyPatti @Glisten 😊 trying to rebuild body at least to 5 years ago specs also suing aunts estate in foreign country. if both these thing come through, looking at 100 plus hp mbike, O/S trip, get my 2nd ever v8 car (or ute) as well .lolo ok speculation but could poss be in for 50k EUD its been dragging on for over a year now, worst case poss 10k , still hadnt been able to firm up estimates as lacking info which asked for months ago. they said will ring me monday lol so hopefully not too much longer .. sh!t if do get a big pile of cash, might even go for another house like 50ks closer to city at least and/or 10-15ks closer to coast re climate. bit harsher than realised here with extreme hot and cold..

See what I mean @PeppyPatti 

The Tabsta @TAB 🙌🏼 way ahead of me.

I think he graduated Honours? Didn’t you @TAB 

@PeppyPatti I rest my case LOL

G

..I wuz gunna fit that in somewhere @Glisten  lol re honours

also won 75m in Grade 1

people used to try and beat me up after moved schools in year 9, prob half males in my year had a go at some stage , over a couple years. all the 'cool ' groups the footballers etc the ones who wore duffelcoats. all were pretenders I couldnt fight. just was way stronger than them (did not exercise) some clown wanted to have a go never even spoken to them knew them by sight, I was a rite of passage I guess. Ended up holding them by the wrists for a whole recess break. they just got madder and madder , but couldnt break free ha ha lol

also ex soldier , ex public service clerk , ex factory worker, ex foundry worker, ex fish factory worker, ex brickies labourer, builders laborer, carpenters mate adult apprentice boilermaker then uni then mines la la bla bla  ..lol now studying to be a trainer lol

Sigh @TAB 

Your from the public service clerk work 

You must really miss that one ...... 

Cough cough......

No really, seriously ..

you have had a varied past work life, that's for sure 

I want to live in Tasmania. Where the ability to purchase a block of land and design my own home is a reality once I win lotto. 

BRONZE-Kevin-Blackwell_Cuckoo-wasp.jpg

@TAB  jeez Tabby! No one, but no one has EVER done more than that. HUGE 🙌🏼 list of achievements❣️

ha ha @Glisten  sure there's more somewhere lol

Hearing you @HelloKitty1981 🙂🙌🏻

It’s hard, no doubt, when we know what we need but have no choice but to go through theoretical stuff that seems far from associating with what we will do in a workplace, indeed 🌺

I wanna give you the inside deets on TAFE for a second, as a former TAFE teacher 👌🏻😉

The courses are adherent to the Australian Qualifications Framework which dictates what must be included in content and assessment to ‘fit’ the course into the framework…the framework is how every course fits together across an industry, which contains many areas of practice (for instance, allied health courses all have stuff included for all allied health doesn’t matter what specificity they have: physiotherapist, occupational therapist, exercise physiologist, etc, and so some of it is not relevant for the specific area, but they need to do it regardless), and the reason for this is because all courses have to include foundational content that is expected, so we can communicate with each other across the specialties/areas of practice, with a very high degree of comprehension of each others’ area. It’s also there to ensure that if we cross-qualify (moving into a different area of practice), we can save time and not undertake course material that has been already embedded into stuff we have already done. It’s also also designed to translate into international qualifications in some instances (pertaining to standards of practice), and for insurance purposes there is an expected knowledge of all staff 🙂🌺
Having said that, as a former teacher when there was updates to the qualification based on new knowledge, I would be tasked with designing new modules to include this new knowledge as well as the most appropriate assessment task methods - this is particularly tricky, and this is where the relevance to students must be kept in mind: what is taught and assessed must be included in a flexible way to make it relevant to what people need to know in their future jobs! 🤔🌺

I do understand what you’re going through, and I am not sure but I don’t think there’s a lot of student input to the development of new modules in terms of specific relevance to a cohort/area of practice… I used to ask my students what they wanted in terms of new content: how best can I bring this theoretical stuff to life when designing your new learning units/modules? 🙂

so, I know this isn’t essentially anything of practical use, however I hope it gives you insight into how sometimes units can ‘miss the mark’ so to speak when it comes to being directly related to what a person is wanting to learn in their role/tasks, and shows why these tedious learnings are there 😉🙌🏻🌺

@PinkFlamingo  'units of competency' these days lol

yes old tab is doing cert IV TAE 40122 lol

Haha! @TAB  indeed 👌🏻😁

I used to say to my boss “I wipe my a** on your labels” 🤭

🙌🏻🦩🙂🌺

but yes; ‘units’ here is referring rightly to ‘units of competency’ - writing units makes it easier for me to type without including superfluous terminology which govt organisations love much more than I do 🙂🌺

Afternoon @Glisten, @TAB, @PeppyPatti, @tonys @SmilingGecko and anyone else. I hope your afternoons are going well 😊💖. Had a very quiet day which is what I’ve needed for a long time, sometimes we all need those days when we do nothing.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance