Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Far and Away

That's wonderful @Zoe7 - so true that you can still do a lot of art in your role as a 1/2 teacher. What a fulfilling job! I'm sure you love your kids so much.

My kids are amazing @tyme We have a very eclectic bunch but together they work. They help each other, work together really well and often amaze me with their kindness and support of each other. I am very, very lucky.

@Zoe7 - Not many teachers can say what you've said about their class! They must be beautiful indeed! And also, if they weren't 'electric', they probably won't be kids!

I'm sure you have been key to making your class to beautiful. Well done!

They all have an animal that they love and pretend they are @tyme It is soooo cute. Apparently I am the zoo keeper LOL Two of them pretend they are Toby and Clover. The boy who pretends he is Toby even calls himself Toby ...and so do the other kids.

Welll... the kids are right in that sense! Most classrooms are zoos! @Zoe7 .

But I'm sure your animals are tame lol. 

Are you allowed, or have you ever taken your pets to school to show the children?

I did take Toby with me on the night of our performance. He stayed in the car until it was over and then he met the kids. He was in his element - so many cuddles and pats. I have the most gorgeous photo of him and my classroom 'Toby' @tyme 

Animals have such an amazing affect on children @Zoe7 . I know a school in my area that has a pet dog. The children read to the dog, look after it etc. So good for nervous students.

We had a dog come in at the school I was at before this one once a week. A select group of kids read to him - they were reluctant readers but loved reading to the dog @tyme 

A therapy dog! @Zoe7 . I wish more schools had one.

Me too @tyme Toby would be no good - he wouldn't sit still long enough without me.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance