Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Sweet_cheeks
Senior Contributor

travelling with bipolar

Hi

I'm going to see my sister in a couple of weeks. Last time I went I lost my meds and it was a nightmare. I am afraid of changing planes. we arrive at an airport half way and two hours later have to board another one. I am anxious about missing the plane. I am anxious about the whole thing, getting places. I don't why I have become such an idiot. I travelled and lived around the world sometimes alone. Now I get worried not about anything concrete.There is nothing wrong. I'm not afraid of flying or terrorists. Should I talk to the airline or my travel agent? it's a bit embarrassing.

1 REPLY 1

Re: travelling with bipolar

@Sweet_cheeks  Hi Sweet_cheeks I was first diagnosed with bipolar and now schizoaffective disorder and I can tell you straight I am terrified of the thought of flying! Being trapped on a plane amongst a whole heap of people, eating airline food (I have a phobia about food) etc the list goes on. 

I think you are incredibly brave doing this. Do not underestimate what a big step you are taking. I would mention it to the airline definately and the travel agent. Just so that the airline can let the staff on board the plane know that you will be nervous and why.  Are you going alone? or with someone?.

Just remember it will be for a short period of time and you have done it before and survived. At the end will be the prize of seeing your sister :). Looking forward to hearing about how it all goes for you. greenpea xx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance