Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: PTSD, RTS, GenderDysphoria etc

I am happy to support you any time @TomBoiXXY.  I also have a nephew who is XXY.  I'll be away for a few days from Thursday but you can write to me and I'll respond when I get back.  Sorry to hear you have no family support but it's good that you have all the medical people on board.  My adult child just told me today they are starting with an endo next week so the journey continues at this end.

Take care.  

Welcome to the SANE forum.

Thanks for sharing your experiences - it sounds like you have experience much in your life which I'm sure has contributed to your resilience to contiue to live the life you choose for yourself regardless of negativity. I love that you have your cat to cuddle  - animals are great as they love us for us and show no jusdgement.

Have you tried linking in with http://qlife.org.au/ 

QLife is Australia’s first nationally-oriented counselling and referral service for people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, and/or intersex (LGBTI). QLife provides nation-wide, early intervention, peer supported telephone and web based services to people of all ages across the full breadth of people’s bodies, genders, relationships, sexualities, and lived experiences.

Good luck on your journey - please continue to access the SANE forums.

Nicky Noo

QLife's phone number is 1800 184 527 and they are available 3pm to midnight e.s.t.

Hi, and welcome. I have a friend who is transgender, one of the first in Australia. She is my only friend as everyone else has walked away because of MI. As you can imagine her life has been hell, but today she walks with her head held high not caring what others think or say. I wish you could meet her, I'm certainly glad I have. She is so understanding and caring, genuine and very very funny. On my darkest days she come dressed in full colour and dripping with jewlery and her special smile. She I enriches my life. Hold your head high. All the best.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance