Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Need Help.

Hey @ALB I really do hope that your GP listens to you this time. If they don't maybe think of seeing someone new because if they are not listening to your needs they maybe the wrong person for you.

Thanks @outlander for the tag. I really thought I had posted a reply here but i guess i must of written it on my phone and then been side tracked by my little man 😅

@ALB it is hard being a mum and on top of that knowing that something is also a miss in yourself makes things harder. I have a 5mth old and I have perinatal depression. I knew something was wrong when I was 4mths pregnant and started looking for a psychologist that specialized in that field. I was then guided to go on antidepressants (against my beliefs) but it was the best decision. I started to feel so good after he was born but have taken a 180 turn into a downward spiral.

Like alot of the other ladies have said you have taken the first step and know you need that extra help. That in itself is an amazing step and you should feel proud of yourself. Also try and find other mums to talk to because by hearing others stories it makes it feel like your not alone.

I do hope you get that referral today! Find someone best suited for you and as you can see we are here to help... even if it is just a little 😊

Hi @ALB and welcome to the forum. Really sorry to hear you've been having such a hard time. It's very frustrating and disheartening when you reach out but it doesn't seem to help. It takes a lot to keep trying so well done on making another appointment with your GP.

Wondering how you went with the appointment yesterday? Really hope it helped. Thinking of you.
ALB
Casual Contributor

Hi everyone! 

Just letting you know i saw a different GP yesterday and he has given me a referal thank goodness! 

Thank you for all the support.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance