Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

HeyThere
New Contributor

My story

I've been struggling with my mental health since I was 7, I was bullied extensively and had very little in way of support network, I'm now 30 and have finally been able to get help this year.

Now my marriage is over just as I felt I was gaining the tools to find solutions to our problems, he's not interested in trying to fix it and I'm fairly sure my therapy over the last 6 months contributed to the speed of the end. I don't think he was capable of accepting that my severe anxiety would effect our relationship, and I didn't have the tools to help him when he was receptive at the beggining of the relationship. I'm working through accepting that I have no power to change this and moving on to better my life but I'm finding it difficult to cope with the guilt, grief and frustration. I'm working through acceptance and commitment therapy and have already used the extra energy I've gained in not having overwhelming relationship issues to start finding ways to add value to my life.

I'm feeling very lonely and keep thinking no one will ever want to take me on, I really believed that my ex partner was the best of people and that I was lucky he wanted me. I'd love to hear of anyone who's been through something similar.

2 REPLIES 2
strong
Senior Contributor

Re: My story

Hi @HeyThere 

Thanks for sharing your story. I am sorry for your experience and that your relationship has got to where it is. 

You have done so much to get yourself to here, be proud of that.

You are doing the hard yards to move forward from your experience in your past. 

That isn’t to say that your husband is completely out of your life. He might be struggling himself with it all now, and may just need a little time and space.

it sounds as though you still care for him deeply.

I hope you keep moving forward 😊

Re: My story

Thank you @strong.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance