Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Life fails!

Thanks @outlander. I managed to return to study a different unit and I feel a little more focused at the moment. How long that is going to last is anyone's guess but I am gripping it with both hands earnestly. I still haven't come to the conclusion whether or not I should give up on my university aspirations yet. I am just concentrating on passing this course first. I am miles behind but am slowly clawing back some anyway. By this time next year I will have to have it complete in order to graduate on time. I just keep on picturing myself on the graduation gown and cap. We also receive a plaque as well as our certificate, so am concentrating on that. I've sort of let myself fall back a bit and say I don't have to be the best, just so long as I pass. I think I am putting too much unnecessary pressure on myself.

Baby steps bit by bit. I think for some, like me, it's the only way to progress.

I just keep on picturing myself on the graduation gown and cap.--- way to go @Queenie to have a goal to look forward too

one steo at a time my friend xxxxxx

Thanks @Shaz51. Trying to think positive for a change. I am actually looking forward to our next subject in the course which we start next week... mental health. Because of my previous qualifications in the area, my teachers are trying to get me a credit transfer for at least the theory, but if they don't succeed, I don't mind studying it as it is actually a really interesting subject. In a month's time I should know the Mental Health Act backwards LOL!

you can do this my @Queenie, one day at a time and one step at a time my friend , soo proud of you xoxoxo

Thanks @Shaz51 Heart

keep me up to date my awesome friend @Queenie, I love to hear how you are going , I remember I did studying years ago xoxox

Hey @Shaz51, I just passed another assignment. This time a role play. Things are going okay today. I'm going to treat myself and my Mrs to KFC.

just passed another assignment.-- congratulations @Queenie Smiley Very Happy

This time a role play, that would of been interesting xx

enjoy KFC my friend

Thanks @Shaz51 🙂

My role play was tricky. It was on facilitating responsible behaviour in those with challenging behaviours. We have been learning a lot about oppositional defiant disorder, conduct disorder and antisocial personalilty disorder. I managed to get through the role play even though I could hear my voices muttering away. A few times I stumbled for words, but got through it okay. My Mrs was like a dynamo! She studies the same course as me and she blasted through the role play like it was second nature. One day I hope to do that! 🙂

@Queenie Bringing in a pic for you to have when you feel like giving up. You are doing so well. Good for you.Graduation dayGraduation day

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance