Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Judgemental Boyfriend

Hi @Bridgetjones  Aren't you with your boyfriend anymore?  He doesn't sound like a good person to be with, especially that he has a bad temper, doesn't treat you nicely etc.  Not much point being around someone who isn't making you happy.  If he thinks domestic voilence is normal, that's not good at all.

I'm not sure if I mentioned to you a while ago, that, years ago I had no confidence and had very low self esteem. I always ended up with guys who weren't good for me, often they were physically/ emotionally abusive. Somehow I finally gained confidence and better self esteem and decided that I would rather be alone, than have a guy who wasn't treating me properly.  I finally married at 39.  So age really doesn't matter.  I think, marrying the wrong guy when younger and going through divorce would be extremely difficult to go through.  Anyway, because I am not well still, I find marriage very difficult. 

You mentioned that you have low self esteem.  Have you been able to speak to your psychologist about your low self esteem?  Hopefully he/she might be able to help you.  I would hate to see you keep ending up with guys who don't treat you properly. Heart  Look forward to hearing how you are going.  Smiley Happy

@utopia  Chow Mein sounds yummy.  I feel hungry again, hehe!   I'm hoping to be asleep before midnight tonight.  I didn't do any walking or exercise today, bummer!  

Goodnight to you both, I hope you both sleep well.  Smiley Happy 

Thanks @Former-Member. Chow Mein was so nice my son and I both had 2 bowls. Sadly no leftovers for tomorrow. Sweet dreams to you and @Bridgetjones. May tomorrow be easier

You deserve better everyone does I been there it takes time when you do it feels amazing and feel so free

..'each'? .. Cat Tongue seriously tongue in cheek .. @utopia

You should judge all men as being the same, we are not.

If anyone tries to control you they are not good for you.

As far as a relationship, they happen when they happen, you will put more stress on yourself worrying about it and may even get into a relationship that isn't good for you just because it's there. Your own happiness is what is important.

I watched a show the other night and a woman on there said how lucky she was, she had no partner, no kids, etc. she had been all over the world, why? Because she could pack and leave when she wanted to. By the way, she was happy.

yes @TAB. 2 big huge bowls each
lol
I'm not a good cook & first time I cooked this and it was full of flavour. Yummy

well, thx for 'like' @utopia and yes , did stumble on your story the other day, sorta explains wise comments I guess. Yeah, obligatory 'hope' you are ok, but I mean you no harm at the very leastCat Tongue

ohh ,, blah.. Smiley Happy yes my cooking skills have become more 'defined' these days lol and do recall telling and and being told I was a 'good cook'  ..well ..cook de doo .. lol have my strengths and maybe part of that is laziness and part is functionality lol .. @utopia

,,and sure it was 'yum' @utopia  was not tryin to diss your cooking

@TAB. Part of my bad cooking comes down to the fact that I just don't enjoy doing it. Laziness is a part of it too. When cooking I just want it done in 10 minutes.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance