Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

The-red-centaur
Senior Contributor

IDAHOBIT

for anyone out there today is International Day Against Homophobia, Biphobia, Intersexism and Transphobia.

This day means a lot to me because there's so much happening to reduce queer phobia amongst communities.

It also means a lot to me because I'm trans. I have experienced so much phobia but I'm proud of who I am. I'm not ashamed.

4 REPLIES 4
greenpea
Senior Contributor

Re: IDAHOBIT

@The-red-centaur Thanks for this to our attention 🙂 My daughter is transgender and I am very proud of her. She is my angel. Have a great day The-red-centaur 🙂

Hi @The-red-centaur and @greenpea

I have so much admiration for LGBTIQ people. This began following typical homophobic times in the 1970's in the defence. The I began working in a male prison

I had girlfriend issues. Every evening shift there was a transgender cell where 4 inmates were waiting to discuss my problems.

That was 40 years ago. I still remember their humane warmth. I was an emotional mess. Since then I've had friends in that community and they have enriched my life

WK

@Whiteknight Hi WK working in a male prison is not for the faint hearted.  I cannot imagine what it would be like to be a transgender inmate in a male prison .... or indeed just work in a male prison like you did. Kudos to you for being so open minded and caring with your approach to this subject I am sure those inmates have never forgotten your kindness 🙂

Former-Member
Not applicable

hello red centaur, green pea and white knight,

i am glad that there is awareness here and people are open minded and caring.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance