Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Can anyone identify with my problem?

i know the feeling well yes ican identify with you

Hi Shadid.
Have you ever considered going into a recovery centre? I went into one 10yrs ago for depression and anxiety and I haven't looked back since. I was there for 5 weeks and was in a medical fund (it was quite expensive) but if you can do it it may well work for you. I can let you know the one I was in if you are interested. It was in Sydney.

Mental ward....no thanks....so any government agency can hold it against me in the future in regards to my kids..no way!

@Shahid1. I was recently in a mental health hospital for 26 days. It stopped my suicidal thoughts and really kicked off my therapy for anxiety and depression. I feel so much better. I function better. I can do things I haven't done in a long time. I'm a single parent. There are no problems with having my child. No repercussions.
Mental illness is simply an illness of the brain instead of another part of the body. There is no shame with having an MI.
I encourage you to see a good psychologist who is experienced in anxiety. Do the breathing exercises they recommend daily and other exercises. It does start to get easier.

Im so sorry..it is probably pride mixed with dignity, but there is no way im going to some place where a nurse will introduce herself as margaret, then in a "play school" tone of voice ask "and what would your name be?" "Dont worry darling just take these tablets, youre in safe hands"..NO WAY!! But thanks for sharing utopia..... i guess im kind of on here looking for somebody whos like (Example) "YEA IVE HAD THIS SAME THING AND I TOOK THIS HERBAL STUFF AND BANG IVE BEEN FINE EVER SINCE" ..lol ... i know im probably dreamin, but hey! You never know

I was not suggesting a hospital. A private centre where you are treated as a person and can get the help you need. Thinking that thrre is a magic potion to make you better is just hiding your head in the sand I feel. You need to find out the cause of your anxiety and work from there. That is my advice anyway from my own personal experiences

Hi Shahid1
You describe symptoms that are definitely related to high anxiety. I believe that your symptoms are triggered by your subconscious mind due to the trauma you have experienced. Have you ever spoken about how your experience made you feel with a psychologist or psychiatrist? In my experience of dealing with my own anxiety I have to talk about what happened, how it affected me. It was only after I did this could I then start to address my issues and with the help of my psychiatrist work towards resolving these issues.
Your GP should be able to re-refer you and if this doesn't happen I would suggest see a different GP (maybe a friend or family member could suggest one)?. Explain to your GP that this is detrimentally affecting your work, personal and family life and that you really need help.
I hope that this helps and that you get the help you need.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance