Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Anyone started with the NDIS?

@Alone    https://www.ndis.gov.au/participants/working-providers/find-registered-provider

Or else you can just google 'NDIS providers' and add your location. There's other advice on that page too like sharing your plan.

Re :  Hireup

https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=l&ai=DChcSEwjfpp_ywNbjAhXMgHAKHXvVAQoYABAGGgJzYg&sig=AOD64_1v_uodjpyu...

Re:  Endeavour Foundation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuB4ngkmjL8

https://www.glassdoor.com.au/Interview/Endeavour-Foundation-Interview-Questions-E542126.htm

Hope some of this helps and I'm not overloading you!

or else just google Endeavour Foundation.  They have heaps of really good advice for free.

That's awesome information thanks @eth .  I am also in a local NDIS facebook group which gives me some idea of what providers are like.  Although its only a smallish group and I find that sometimes providers/businesses will suggest to clients to join these  groups so the recommendations are often in their favour.

It's difficult to know who to trust.  I hadn't seen the Endeavour website, thanks for that, I'll go and take a look at it. 

@Alone 

You are right it is hard to know who to trust.  I have been too trusting in the past and burned.

I have my first CoS meeting tomorrow.  

I chose to use the new ndis form of a community health organisation I already had contact.  

Finding it unusual and interesting to think of "interviewing them".  

Will try and do research on Plan Manager, as I do not want to waste money.

Sigh. I do hope it is worth it.  I need to also keep my son positive about the NDIS.

Love reading your questioning posts @eth 

I know @Appleblossom I was burned again last week by the company I was with pre NDIS.  I'm thinking that being on my own means I probably should spread my services over a few companies, that way I dont become too dependant on one and have some knowledge of others if things dont work out.

Hi @Appleblossom  really hope your meeting today goes well and leaves you hopeful.

Hi @Alone  yes it's a good idea to have a team of support workers from different sources.  That way you are covered if it doesn't work out with someone or if they can't make it.  You also have the right to insist on advance notice of changes and confirmation of supports before they happen.  

Hi @Doglover and @saturnzoon and @Queenie 

"When considering a service provider, talk to them about your goals and discuss how they can help you work towards them. Here are some questions you may ask:

• Are you an NDIS registered provider?
  • How will you help me achieve my goals?
  • How much does your service cost?
  • Can I choose which staff will work with me?
  • Can you provide the service at a time that suits me?
  • How can I make a complaint or resolve a payment issue?"

From NDIS website.

@Appleblossom @Alone 

That's awesome, thanks @eth 

In my case, being on my own, I'm also going to ask things about keeping me safe.  Like what will they do if they come over and I don't answer the door.  And if they are available to be contacted if an emergency comes up and I need some help outside their hours.

There's a lot to think about.  Maybe this subject should be a post on its own, as these are really important things to think about.

It's fine to talk about it here @Alone  if you want to.  Otherwise if you decide to start a new thread you can tag me.

I asked questions from that last link you posted @eth 

She liked them, as they were relevant, but nobody had asked those things before.  

Smiley Happy

@Alone 

Being truly alone in the world is hard.  These forums and the friendships I have made here have really helped keep me alive and moving forward in my life.

As you read around. You see how people have started threads that have felt right for them.  There is no one right way.  Taggin others has a huge impact on the number of replies you are likely to get.

Welcome.

Smiley Happy

I asked questions from that last link you posted @eth 

She liked them, as they were relevant, but nobody had asked those things before.  

Smiley Happy

@Alone 

Being truly alone in the world is hard.  These forums and the friendships I have made here have really helped keep me alive and moving forward in my life.

As you read around. You see how people have started threads that have felt right for them.  There is no one right way.  Taggin others has a huge impact on the number of replies you are likely to get.

Welcome.

Smiley Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance