Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: am i complaining too much? should i toughen up or just get over it?

Yeah i guess your right @utopia and i guess its there problem not mine

Absolutely

Such a disappointment. i dont know how i live with myself 😞 😞

how can i be such a disappointment to everyone at the age of 20..i dont really know how to fix it either 😞

Hi @Former-Member,

I always find the phrase 'just get over it' very hurtful and invalidating - it really minimises your experience and disregards the pain you're feeling. I can imagine it felt pretty hard to hear those words when you were genuinely reaching out for support. Remember, there's a big difference between complaining and expressing how you're feeling when you're going through something hard. All the things you have to deal with at the moment sound quite overwhelming, and I think anyone in your situation would feel like they want to talk to someone about it. Maybe it might be helpful to tell us a bit more about what's going on? We're always here to talk it through if you need. 

Hope you're feeling better tonight.

supernova.

@supernova 

i dont know what to do...

i dont think im worth listening to anymore anyway 😞

@supernovahow can i be such a dissapointment.
i get told to just get over it, stop complaining, you whinge alot, you complain alot which i never speak of anything wrong with me unless they genuinely need to no.
nothing is good atm. my mum and my sisters hate me which hurts the most, i can never do righ by them on any account. nothing i do is ever ggo enough.
my mum hates me and i can never please her.
i have no friends and the last ones that i did have they just pushed me away and said ring someone else.

the person im caring for probably thinks i do the crappiest job and i dont blame them..

everytime i even think about doing something for myself including apppointments i get shot down and then i guess i do it to myself so its like getting hit with two stones

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance