Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Something that made me smile today or helped me to breathe a little easier for a bit.

So here is the thing that has bought a smile to my dial. @Former-Member Reading your post on daily goals thread and then this one. I smiled all the way through reading that post. I was having a day that I thought I’d struggle to find anything to put on here. It’s just been a frustrating day where I’m wanting to find the good in it, looks like I just got my minute or two of smiles. I’m sure if I looked further afield I’d find them. Having said that I did read on the nest thread that @Maggie is feeling like things are a tiny little bit better and that gave me a heartwarming moment. In a day that in feeling lots of negative vibes from lots of grumpies in my house today it looks like the forum will provide my smiles. @CheerBear response was heartwarming too.

I don’t want you to feel like you need to post here @Faith-and-Hope@Kurra but thought you might get a smile from some of the posts in this thread too. 

Hugs to all 💜🤗

Re: Something that made me smile today or helped me to breathe a little easier for a bit.

Gosh that's lovely to hear @Teej!

So glad you're feeling a bit uplifted, and so pleased that some of my silly thoughts might have had a hand in that too.

I agree that there are some lovely uplifting snippets around the forum. I also agree that it's sometimes a bit difficult to find the 'lovely' or the 'uplifting' when all around are grumpies leaving their grumpiness for you to stumble over! 

I hung a couple of crystals to catch the sunlight the other day - rainbows make me smile - the birds managed to peck one down from the bamboo I had it hanging on this morning, so I will put it somewhere better! Have a lovely afternoon won't you.Heart

Things that have made me smile today:

• bit of a sleep in, without trying.  The cooler nights and mornings encourage me to go to bed early, snuggle down...I just want to hibernate during winter.
  • reading some of my murder mystery while lying on the couch that I've moved near the full-length window, with the autumn sun streaming in.
  • my slow walk up to the op shop, with a bag of things to donate.  My knees are still giving me grief but I need to keep moving.  And the walk back in the sun. I just loooove to be warm.
  • Listening to heaps of 70s songs....memories of my teenage years.

@Former-Member You brought a smile to my face with your quirky sense of humour, please don't lose it. @Teej So nice to see you and know a tiny smile was manageable, I know how hard it can be, and how much it means. Brief moments are magic.

Definitely smiles for me reading the positivity and warmth shared on the forum too @Teej, @Former-Member and @Maggie. Like you Teej, it's a bit of a struggle one for me also, so it's been nice to catch these posts. I really enjoyed reading your highlight of your day one also @NatalieS.

This pic brought a smile for me. @Former-Member tagging you here. I thought in your busy schedule a light moment might help.image.jpeg

Oh, dear, that made me smile widely @Maggie thank you for that!  (edited to fix formatting & tags sorry)

44bbf085-5973-4b41-8a35-168c1db50741.jpg My smile today was receiving an email from a company I sometimes  buy from with an offer to attend classes to make these georgeous flowers. 

I won't attend, too far away, but oh, how lovely they are! 

Thought you might enjoy @Teej @CheerBear @NatalieS @Pepperpot78a56df0-7811-45ab-a9a0-e131dc20c41e.jpg

ohhhh @Maggie Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy love the picture xx

they are loveley @Former-Member thank you for sharing them 

@Former-Member, aren't they beautiful flowers!  Yes, sometimes it is just the smallest thing that can make us smile.

And @Teej@outlander@Shaz51@Maggie as well, today my little bit of happy came from the annual emergency fire drill/evacuation at work, that commenced just as I was about to leave to come home.  I was in the bathroom when the message to evacuate was given.  By the time we all got back to work from the assembly point a stone's throw from where I catch the bus, I'd made up 45 minutes flex, so that was a bonus.

Until I finish up at work at the end of the financial year, the stresses of not being able to share the news with anyone (its all hush hush) and continuing to care for hubby, whose health is getting worse, are getting me down a bit, so the evacuation today gave me a laugh.   Heart  Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance