Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Something that made me smile today or helped me to breathe a little easier for a bit.

Hi everyone,

What a lovely discussion topic.

Those are all lovely photos. Thank you so much for sharing.

I’m new here so I’m still working my way around the forums.

Keep up the great work!

Pepperpot

Re: Something that made me smile today or helped me to breathe a little easier for a bit.

Sitting somewhere quiet, on my own, with a hot cup of tea was my helpful, breathe a little easier thing today

201843.png

@CheerBear Perfect image to accompany your tea drinking. Sounds so relaxing 😌 🍵

@CheerBearyou or well your character was the one that made me smile today. nothing on tv except- carebears- it was nearly finished but when i clicked on it it was 'you' holding a bird in each hand and one on your head. 

@Teej Lovely thread. What made me smile today was listening to the birds singing in my garden. So beautiful and relaxing.

Thanks @Maggie@Pepperpot. 💜

things that made me smile today  

1. reading @Former-Member turkey story
  2. spending time with a friend
  3. seeing a @greenpea around and the costume changes 

things that helped me breathe a little easier

1. seeing my GP for the first time in a year (she’d come back from leave) and slotting straight back into a comfortable place with her. I’d been anxious about seeing her. 

What a great list, @Teej 😊

Nothing like caring, supportive friends. Medicine for the soul ❤️

I hope the GP visit wasn’t too nerve racking. Well done for seeing the appointment through.

Anyways...I’m calling it a night. Chat another time 😊

@Teej that's a lovely list of smiles. Smiley Very Happy

So pleased for you that all is well with your gp again, so happy for you there. Smiley Very Happy

The turkey came back today, but only for a short moment, and not on top of that high structure, I just heard it. I have the camera at the ready, batteries charged and all. I would like to get that image to share, it's too cute! It' still making me smile at the memory though. 

Today's smile:
Gathering some bright orange Gazania blooms for a vase. They close in low light, but the skylight keeps them open if I position them just right. 

Helped me breathe easier:
Being able to close the doors and windows to block out the noise from the party happening over the back, and put the ac on to maintain cool and calmness. It's quite warm here this afternoon.

I do like this thread alot @Teej thank you for starting it. 

@frog You certainly made me smile. Thankyou.

Hello everyone  - I wanted to share this little, silly thing that makes me smile and chuckle to myself everytime I use the pan. I made lots of crepes last night and needed to amuse myself while waiting for them to cook, so finally decided to take an image of it. Smiley LOL @CheerBear @outlander @Pepperpot @Teej @Maggie I thought this may amuse you. 

100_2094.JPGMy cookware pan has a dial for Self Control - it makes me chuckle that the pan has self control that can be set to a certain level.

Wouldn't it be great if we could dial our own self control to a particular level dependant upon what we were dealing with. Maybe it's just me, but these weird things make me smile. Robot LOLRobot Embarassed

The other thing with this pan is that it should not be used on full heat even though it is there as an option, using it for long periods will shorten the life of the pan. Smiley Surprised

So two things, Self Control that is operated by others, yet must be kept in check to keep the pan healthy for a longer life. It just tickles my funny bone, it does. Robot LOL

I bought the pan as an electric saucepan and until recently had only used it to dye yarns in it, with no more yarn dyeing happening, I brought it out of retirement and found it's really quite useful for many things. Smiley Wink

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance