Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Relationships: Maintaining boundaries when experiencing complex mental health issues

Hey @Shaz51
These are great tips. Things I can resonate with

Re: Relationships: Maintaining boundaries when experiencing complex mental health issues

Thanks for your Hugs @Zoe7 Much appreciated.

Yes, when you or I is expected to be the "Strong one", to be there for everyone else (ie your family) - Who's there for us?

Being strong in the face of pain & loss, comes at a very high cost (emotionally & otherwise) - That cost is not recognised, quite often.

Not a healthy option or coping strategy either - Although sometimes forced on us.

Smiley Very HappyHeartAdge

Exactly @Adge - we are left on our own with no support ourselves to deal with everything on our own Smiley Sad I hate that that was (and is) the case for you too - super hard to get past and live with.

Was a awesome  night @BPDSurvivor 

How did you think of the resources my friend 

Yes @Emelia8 , I registered  earlier  too but then I came on when it started and registered again

Then @Former-Member  texted hello to  everyone

How are you today 

Very true @Owlunar , boundaries  are needed in everyday 

We are learning  to say no to jobs instead of saying yes all the time 

Sometimes  I think about my .y boundaries , took me a while to think what I have in place 

Hi @Shaz51 😄

I cant even access that site now Shaz. And even worse, I can no longer access the Get Support link on the Sane website. I had been using the Sane chat a lot over the past week or 10 days. And suddenly since Thursday, I cannot get into it either.  I know its not active over the weekend, but I still cant get onto that area where it gives details of support options .. Eg Chat, book a call, phone counsellor, etc. So come Monday when chat is back on, I wont have access.

At a time I really need it, I have nothing. I feel very vulnerable and isolated.

I tried the things they suggested I should do, to try to fix. But nothing worked. Im beginning to feel that I am being deliberately locked out, from both the access to support, and the peer support. Maybe they think I have over used the chat facility? 😔

Hi @Emelia8,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble accessing certain parts of SANE's website. I can assure you that you are not being deliberately locked out - I double checked and the website seems fine from my end. I'm not enough of an IT guru to resolve this for you, but I have flagged your concerns for the management team. Hopefully we will be able to work on a resolution to ensure you're able to access support as needed. Feel free to send an email to the Help Centre (helpline@sane.org) to let them know what is going on, or if you wish you can also send an email with your feedback to SANE via feedback@sane.org (read more about SANE's feedback and complaints policy here).

If you're in need of some extra support this weekend, please don't hesitate to reach out:

Lifeline: 13 11 14

Suicide Callback Service: 1300 659 467

Samaritans: 135 247

Thanks for starting this thread and for the amazing resources you've shared @Shaz51   And hi to others here @Emelia8 @Adge @Zoe7  and others.  

Hi @eth Smiley Very Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance