Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Pets as therapy and for our wellbeing

Thanks @Former-Member !

Hi @Ianar ... this is one of the threads I mentioned on the Intro thread.  This one is about how important our respective pets are to our wellbeing.  I would love to hear about your beautiful little dog, if you'd like to share.

Sherry 🌼🐶

Hi all, I'm not sure who started this thread, so I'll just tag the person in the comment above so someone sees it (hope that's ok @Former-Member).

Interesting thread, I love animals and their ability to sense when we're not ourselves.

There was this place I wanted to go a few years back, a Psychologist clinic, that had animal assisted therapy, which I wanted to try - with dogs, lizards, hermit crabs, etc. I won't mention the name or location because of rules and privacy. But it looked amazing, sometimes I look them up on Facebook to just for a smile. They even did photoshoots and pick a name contests, adorable right?

But unfortunately it was a bit far where I used to live, and is even further now that I moved 2 years ago, its a shame. I wonder if they'd do Telehealth although it may be hard. But they probably are with the virus stuff?

Hi @Former-Member  ... actually it was me who started this thread, in a former life (so to speak).  So yeah, please feel free to tag me in relation to this thread.  I will always respond in some way.  

Thanks for telling me about the animal assisted therapy place you visited ... animals are wonderful therapy, in all their many shapes and forms.  Yes it sounds adorable.  Shame its so far away for you to visit more often, or even to have a therapist there.  It could be worth enquiring about telehealth, its become almost the norm in this COVID environment.  You already see your current psychiatrist via telehealth too dont you?  So its not new to you.  Perhaps jump on the phone and make some enquiries.  It could be a useful addition to your existing support team of GP and Psychiatrist.  And even better that they have the animal therapy.  Cant beat that.

Sherry 🌺

Ah okay, no worries. I didn't visit that place unfortunately but I wish I did. Yes I see my Psychiatrist on Telehealth @Former-Member 

Thanks Sherry - since you replied to me my little dog has passed so I've been a bit distracted.  I've been looking at small dogs but there are hardly any available where I live so still trying to get used to the quiet life.  It's still pretty difficult especially with all the health issues and isolation.  I have good memories but miss the cuddles.

Some therapy dogs in action. They come in all shapes and sizes. @EleanorRigby 

Emelia 

Image result for therapy dogs

Oh your poem, I love that @Emelia8 🙏🌷🤗🐾🐶❣️

Thanks @Anastasia 😊🐶

I think this was the first thread I opened, all the way back in 2016.

Under my former name obviously.

But regarding my poem about my girl Holly in the opening post ... I still feel exactly the same about her. And thats why its so hard right now, with her serious health issues. 😔💗

Good morning @Clawde I see you're around this morning. How are you? Do you have any special plans for your weekend? Thought you may enjoy this thread too. 🐶

Emelia 💕

Yes it pulled at my heart strings Em big time. So hoping these meds help her 🙏🐾🐶✔️

@Emelia8 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance